News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Work work work

Started by Nick Calne, May 31, 2015, 10:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Been so incredibly busy with one lot of nonsense or another that I can't remember when I last rode my bike.

Sorry just had to let it out somehow.

Can't wait for the Wales trip.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chris Canning

Haha and in the last month we have been to the Spanish GP the NW200 and last thursday drove to the IoM for day I do still work from time to time but how the hell I ever did it 5+ days a week I'll never know!!.

Nick Calne

Nice!

My miles in May....zero I think. :^_^

JayDub

I've often  got through these times by just jumping on the bike at midnight onwards, it's different world in these mountains at that time... Makes your senses tingle  :nod

nickjtc

Quote from: Chris Canning on May 31, 2015, 11:15:27 PM
and last thursday drove to the IoM for day

What, have they built a bridge across now?????  :icon_wink: :icon_wink:

But seriously, apart from those who commute to their '9 to 5' every day, how many of us will get on the bike EVERY day "just because"? I confess to not having ridden Stanley since I got back from my work trip to Nelson the other week.... but I'll substantiate that by saying I had to wait for new rear brake pads to arrive.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

threepot

Quote from: JayDub on June 01, 2015, 12:39:17 AM
I've often  got through these times by just jumping on the bike at midnight onwards, it's different world in these mountains at that time... Makes your senses tingle  :nod

I've heard about people like you! :augie
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JayDub on June 01, 2015, 12:39:17 AM

:iagree especially when you break over a rise to find a young stag and three doe in the middle of the road  :bug_eye
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Fortunately, we usually only have sheep to deal with and they normally leg it when they hear the engine - and the odd pony - but that's rare.

John Stenhouse

Only place mine has gone in May was France, unfortunately that involved a ride of ten yards into and out of a van.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

steamer 96

Ah well myself i am able to get out for the odd quick blast depending if I am working from the Birkenhead - Chester or Wrexham office then its a pleasant commute back to the Wirral.

16th June jump the ferry Portsmouth to Santander for five nights in the Picos Northern Spain  :notworthy
            Arrive back at Portsmouth Tue 23rd at 3pm for the short 100mile run to the festival site of Glastonbury
            Sunday 28th ride 200mile home for a good bath ready for work the next day....

We should be able to find time to ride

Nick Calne

Broke my duck. Rode.... to work.

GavD

Got out yesterday afternoon for the first time in about three weeks, only because I got called out with work and had worked all thursday night. The missus works, so there was no-one at home to tell me I shouldn't be going out for a spin!!! :blah
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S