News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Am I allowed here any more?

Started by iansoady, June 14, 2015, 03:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iansoady

.... having now disposed of my "other" Triumph.

It has however been replaced by a 1931 Sunbeam Model 10 which does have a tenuous Triumph connection - Sunbeam were taken over by Associated Motorcycles (AMC) in the late 30s, which absorbed several other makes such as Norton in the 1950s only to eventually become Norton Villiers Triumph.

This is it - needs substantial fettling as well as a "crash" (hopefully not literally) course in using a hand gear change:

Still have the wee-strom for modern motorcycling.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Sin_Tiger

:nono Heathen  :icon_evil: be gone with you!

Actually very nice  :thumbsup hand gears, blimey, you'll be driving a car next  :icon_lol:

You might come accross an old college mate of mine if you're getting into pre war Sunbeams, Chris Odling as eccentric as they come (and that's pretty damning coming from me) but a superb engineer, passionate, very knowledgable and doesn't shy from telling someone they're talking shit myself included :notworthy
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

iansoady

Yes, recognise the name from The Sunbeam club website. I believe he prepared a Sunbeam for the Cannonball run last year and it came in 4th with no problems.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

nickjtc

Any exposure to different bikes is a good thing, especially when they are as interesting as that one.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Chris Canning

Quote from: nickjtc on June 14, 2015, 05:42:10 PM
Any exposure to different bikes is a good thing, especially when they are as interesting as that one.

Yea hence why the plan was to buy a DVT and now the XR has turned up with a KTM STM at the end of the year so I used to be undecided and now I'm not so sure  :icon_scratch:

As for Ian

Hoar Park Wednesday morning out the back of Coleshill just be prepared for a shock when the weather is good you'll get a 150+ doesn't anyone go to work anymore  :icon_redface: you get things like this turn up.

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

iansoady

Never seen one of those Chris - is it a G50 motor? What's the frame?

Super looking bike.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Chris Canning

All custom made by Steve Tonkin I go there most Wednesdays and what turns up never ceases to amaze me.