News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

cam cover plug oil seals

Started by JayDub, July 01, 2015, 04:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

The ones which go around each plug 'ole under the cam cover... are these available to buy other than with a gasket kit?
I wanted to check plug colour today and typically as with this bike nothing is ever straight forward, (although I should accept some responsibility for not being more diligent when reassembling I s'pose).... #3 plug tube was full of oil due to said seal being missing in action - It probably went down the cam chain tunnel. I can't find anything through the usual sources ie world of triumph, square deals etc.
I've botched it for the Wales trip with a hacked rubber grommet and silicone, so fingers crossed...

Sin_Tiger

The complete seal for the cam cover is listed separately on the fiches and I have bought them separately from Jack Lilley in the past = T1260192 Seal T300 @ £17.61 + VAT so they haven't gone up a lot.

Athough the fiche picture shows plug seal rings for cyl's 2 & 3 separtely, previous items have come with those cyl's attached to the main body of the seal by a strip of rubber as per the notes.

I just had a look at my spare cam cover and would you believe it, the rings for cyl's 2 & 3 were still stuck to it but the main part is gone. They're still OK so I'll stick them in my bag for you at the W/E.

Rhayder is turning out to be a bit of a swap meet / yard sale, actually that adds to the fun. Swap bits, kick tyres, drink beer, eat sheep, dream of riding holidays in far away places  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Brilliant, thanks Niall :thumbsup  £21.13 EACH!!! it says  :bug_eye
the full cover gasket is the same price  :icon_scratch
Triumphs pricing is weird
BTW - we can't eat the sheep I know some of their family  :icon_lol:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JayDub on July 01, 2015, 07:01:43 PM
£21.13 EACH!!! it says  :bug_eye the full cover gasket is the same price  :icon_scratch Triumphs pricing is weird

BTW - we can't eat the sheep I know some of their family  :icon_lol:

:ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser

I suspect that originally the gasket came in three parts but now it comes as a one piece affair, they have probably done that so that the part number throws it back to the main part no. in their system.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Sheep!! Are you supposed to eat them? :icon_scratch: :bad
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

ShhhTP, they wouldn't understand  :nono

Geoff W

I have just checked my old cam cover, and the seals have been removed. However I came across 3 shims, 2 at 2.75, and 1 at 2.725, if they are any use to anyone I can bring them to the meet or post them out to a needy cause.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

threepot

Bring them Geoff,JayDub seems the type to try and buy a pint with them? :augie
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

JayDub

Quote from: threepot on July 02, 2015, 11:38:52 PM
Bring them Geoff,JayDub seems the type to try and buy a pint with them? :augie
Thats hurtful TP  :ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser