News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TTF Rhayder 2015 - All the photos

Started by Nick Calne, July 05, 2015, 11:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Here are some photo's...

Two Blue Steamers

In Wales it rains.  In this particular case it rains Stenhouses.

The view

Teatime

Pub -From left to right... Threepot, John Stenhouse, GeoffW, Peter, Jaydub, Graham

Pub - From Left to Right.... Mrs Mat Tiger, Mat tiger, PeteH
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

John Stenhouse

Dry run home was easy Nick, Take apart one steamer and remove centre of thermostat, then as it had then started to rain retire to pub with Sin Tiger Pete and Jaydub to drink coffee until it stopped then leave and follow the sun home.

Some photos:
20150704_151517 by john.stenhouse1, on Flickr

Sin Tiger about to leap into action and take a group photo.

20150704_135952 by john.stenhouse1, on Flickr

Graham, Al and Pete H at the tea stop where they only served English F*****g Tea, despite it being in Wales! :icon_salut:

20150704_113129 by john.stenhouse1, on Flickr

The testing range, two bikes one rider, arms pulled out of sockets and amazed by the 800xcx  :wheel

20150704_092358 by john.stenhouse1, on Flickr

Threepot and steed ready for the off.

20150704_092239_Burst03 by john.stenhouse1, on Flickr

Here, somebody's filled our car park with Tigers!

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

mat-tiger1

I can only reiterate what the other guys have said previously, excellent run out on some awesome roads led by Threepot.  :eusa_clap Food, drink & banter were all top class as always, especially the impromptu game of 'Killer' in the Elan hotel! (Just shows who mis-spent their youth!)  :icon_lol:
Thanks to PeteH for ensuring the quality of the ale was up to our standards!  :thumbsup
And many thanks to everyone who attended for making Mrs Mat-tiger feel so welcome. (I told her you were a decent bunch!)  :icon_salut:
We just had to take in the roads around the Elan valley reservoirs once more before we headed for home!  :icon_cool:
This was my 5th annual meet up with you guys from the Tigertriple forum & they just keep on getting better & better! If it wasn't for the hard work from the organizers, (you know who you are) & their local knowledge we wouldn't be treated to such great roads and awsome scenery!  :notworthy

Here's to the next meet up & possibly a states-side trip in between for those who are interested?  :wheel
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

threepot

I'm really thrilled that everyone enjoyed,and thanks for your comments :thumbsup But its YOU that make these meetings what they are,so a BIG thanks to everyone for the effort and input you all  made.  :icon_salut:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

YOU! John Stenhouse are a jammy sod - is all I can say... with your brand new (functional) waterproofs.
We got 15 miles up the A470 and it chucked it down, then after another 10 miles, I felt that familiar cold sensation in the nether regions, it cleared and the sun came out for the last hour though.
But we were not as unfortunate as the couple in the petrol station who were aboard their new Ducati wearing jeans and leather jackets (and open face lids), It didn't spoil a superb weekend though,
TP is the man! - amazing roads, It would be great to see a map of the route so it can be duplicated  Glad that Niall's bike was sorted at least for the journey home.
So, thanks again Threepot for making it a fantastic weekend and particularly the ride-out, also to the rest of you for being such a great, friendly, and fun bunch of people.
Peter was also impressed with the whole three days, so you'll probably see him again.
We were almost as impressed with the burger he was served in Betws y Coed - we titled it 'the psycho-burger'
Thanks everyone!
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

GavD

Bugger me TP, just spent over 3 hours trying to get the sheep crap off the bike, what the hell do you lot feed them?? 
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

GavD

'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Sin_Tiger

Drip drip squelch, still on soggy route with one :nap outside Ruthin.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 06, 2015, 07:26:13 PM
Drip drip squelch, still on soggy route with one :nap outside Ruthin.
What? ...you fell orf? ...you OK? and the bike?

JayDub

Quote from: GavD on July 06, 2015, 02:47:32 PM
what the hell do you lot feed them??
... Tiger BMW riders!  :icon_biggrin:

aesdj

Absolutely  gutted i missed this one but I'll  be there next year.  I'm really pleased you all had a cracking time and they looked like there was plenty of new faces there. Keep the pics coming and which poor soul got volunteered to do it next year?

nickjtc

Quote from: aesdj on July 06, 2015, 09:51:19 PM
and which poor soul got volunteered to do it next year?

They have to make up their minds where they want to go, first.  :icon_lol: Us people over here are looking on with interest.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Ireland was mentioned, with. Interest... Also Northumberland I think

threepot

GavD..great pic with the E type :thumbsup,and the 3 black Steamers facing the camera.

JD,yes,copies of the run are available......at a cost :bad

Shame we ran out of time. There was more. Another day?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

PeteH

Big thanks to Threepot for organising a fantastic weekend, cant access my photobucket at the moment but my piccies are like most of the others anyway. Glad everyone got home ok`ish if slightly damp.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour