News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TTF Rhayder 2015 - All the photos

Started by Nick Calne, July 05, 2015, 11:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

Quote from: threepot on July 07, 2015, 01:01:20 AM
......at a cost :bad
I don't mind the monetary cost, it's what else it may cost that's worrying  :icon_eek:
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

threepot

One Tiger to another....'where are all these Lamb's then'??                              Great pic.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

threepot

Quote from: JayDub on July 06, 2015, 11:10:36 PM
Ireland was mentioned, with. Interest... Also Northumberland I think
Will the proposed USA trip be regarded as the main 2016 event?? If so,I'd be up for a meet in one of the above locations?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Nick Calne

Anyone actually know if Sin Tiger ever got back to his castle?  Or is he still stuck in Ruthin?

Some thoughts on next year's trip, or trips....

Clearly if we do the USA thing some of us are not going to be able to stump up the necessary cash / get clearance from control / afford the time and the odds of picking a mutually agreeable date are also remote for a larger group.

So for those who wish to do the USA thing I suggest we plan it independently of, or better still in addition to, the usual UK event.

It would be a shame if there wasn't something for everyone when it is so successful as it is.

I'm all for a trip to Northumberland or Ireland. I've got tentative approval for the USA on the basis Mrs C can come too and that we hire a bike. In fact that approval is subject to extensive and various caveats...

Looking forward to next year already.

So which is it to be Northumberland or Ireland?  :icon_lol:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

John Stenhouse

Got a text from Sin so he's still alive, he made it home but not without incident is how he phrased it.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

GavD..great pic with the E type :thumbsup,and the 3 black Steamers facing the camera.

:nod

Yes, all good other than the tank bag mount  :icon_scratch:

I was expecting to have a head butting contest with a sheep but apparently them up in the North have upped their game and are using Tractors now  :bug_eye

I think we should have a caption contest for that one of John on his back.

#1 - I whacked the throttle open and the Rocket 3 just went ballistic.

Pics later.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

GavD

Shame we ran out of time. There was more. Another day?

I know 3 chaps who'd be up for more of that!! And possibly more non-triumph fellas.

As for next year, USA is a bit beyond me time/money/leave pass from HQ wise. Any UK stuff I'd be interested in.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Graham

Hi All
Glad to see everyone got home safely even if a little damp.  I was struggling into my one piece oversuit when the heavens opened. There is never anything to lean against when I put the damn thing on :icon_frown:
Three Pot, I would love a Google map of our Saturday route as I am already confused about some of the military roads. :icon_confused:
Where is that great road and view overlooking the Glacier? Is that on the road to Garth from Upper Chapel?
I am already working out what I can do in a days ride from Bristol, but at £29.50 for B&B in the Lamb & Flag, I am going to stay over night again soon :icon_biggrin:

I would also be very interested in a trip to Ireland or Northumberland.  I have ridden in Northumberland before and well remember the huge skies there.
Ireland looks great, but remember why it is Very Green.
Cheers
Graham

threepot

How inconsiderate. No bloody vice! :ImaPoser
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Thought this might be better here than tagged on the end of the original thread.

Didn't take many photos but here goes, PM me if you want the full fat versions.

Trumpets need a tea break too and there is a place just for them  :icon_wink:

Bumped into Older Brother on the way.  :love10

Some beautiful views ..................... and a bunch of hills behind  :XXsunsmile

Don't try this at home - Doctor Threepot (aka Dai the Screwdriver) and Doctor Stenhouse (aka This has a ratchet) attempt a live "Thermostatectomy" Ze operation vas a success, und de patient eefen zurvived  :pimp

And lastly, how it feels when your coolant is finally flowing again  :headbang
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ssevy

Looks like great fun fellas! If a US trip is ever on your bucket list, I'd be glad to put a Northeast version together. I'm 3 hours from either Boston or NYC, so could pick everyone up at the airport easily. My 99 Legend runs perfect and is available for anyone who needs it. I could check into rentals also. Just say the word. Love to meet you guys and share a hard cider or two!
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: ssevy on July 09, 2015, 06:31:51 PM
Love to meet you guys and share a hard cider or two!

Hope you don't regret that  :bad

steamer 96

:eusa_clap      Sounds like you all had a nice time and the weather didnt really spoil things,    even better when you see that everybody got home (eventually) safe and well.

well done      (+1 for next year)

JayDub

Wasn't there a couple of video cams in operation over the weekend? that would be interesting to see  :nod
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Nick Calne

Got some video done Jaydub and will post any interesting bits I find. Unfortunately, being a twat, for some time I got the off and on switch mixed up meaning I video'ed the boring bits and then turned it off when things got interesting!

If you want a video of the M4 between J17 and Newport however, I am the man.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?