News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

06 tiger news

Started by zombie, May 03, 2005, 04:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombie

from the evening times, kinda interesting

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/lo/features/7018084.htm

Tigers were a roaring success

TRIUMPH'S 2006 Tiger has been released early

TRIUMPH has all but sold out of its off-road style Tiger bikes and is to cash in by releasing the updated 2006 model early.

The new bike has a redesigned cylinder head and crankcases and is tidier all round with all the open pipework and plumbing tucked away behind the engine.

An improved gearbox also cuts noise and vibration and the changes come directly from improvements on the much acclaimed Sprint ST and Speed Triple bikes.

Triumph's flexible production line has allowed them to switch to manufacturing bikes in demand and product manager Ross Clifford said the changes "add another level of refinement to the Tiger and make for a stylish, all-round motorcycle".

The Tiger is equally adept at touring, commuting - making use of the tall riding position - or just blasting around.

Now the fuel-injected, three-cylinder has been kitted out with factory-fit accessories - panniers, heated grips and a centre stand - all within the OTR price of £6999. Still unsold 2005 models have full luggage for the same price.

ChrisN

Very Interesting....

Seems the article has been removed from the Features section section of the Evening Times as the link does not work ?

Sounds like an "update" rather than a "new" model.

Has the new Tiger been given the 1050 engine ?

Perhaps this weeks MCN may report more.
Chris

GlenWatt

Glen

Email - mailto:glen@watt.me.uk\">glen@watt.me.uk  

\"The Aussies call us Boring... we prefer World Champions\"

klingklang

T_Phil

Not the 1050cc engine for next year then.

knarf

Another one doing the rounds is that a baby tiger is on the way. Smaller, lighter prob 650.
I love the smell of two strokes in the morning

NortonCharlie

Anyone have any details yet.  All I see is new head and engine cases and rerouted pluming.  I think I saw the cases and head are the same design as the new Speed III and Sprint ST.  I gues they would have said something about an extra 100cc or it loosing 50lbs.  We can only hope.

I WANT DETAILS!!!!
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

abell

Since the simplest explanation is the most likely, I would say it would be the 1050 engine in some state of tune or other.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

dezrat57

New Tiger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I was in Asia a couple of months ago I met some Triumph employees living in Asia at a hotel bar. (they were sourcing parts) We had a couple of Guiness's  and they told me that a new Tiger was in the works that would knock the socks off the dual-sport world. Refused to give me any details British stiff upper lip you know.

i moved this reply on the same subject from www.advrider.com

dave

whoa

Quote from: "dezrat57"a new Tiger was in the works that would knock the socks off the dual-sport world.

I find the idea that Triumph has a DS trick up their sleeve very unlikely.  Unless they mean DS "style", then they could very well have something hot coming our way.

robbo

I wont be tempted away from my 04 until they lose some weight off of the big cat, she doesnt need any more power but I wouldnt complain if she gets some.
best Regards

Robbo

tigerjohn

Definitely no 1050 engine for the 2006 model (maybe 2007?).... but some engine 'tidying up' and 3 colour options  - black, silver and blue. I think it likely that the Tiger will have a major re-design for 2007, incl underseat exhaust, bigger engine......and possibly shaft drive. Triumph will attempt to take some market share away from the new 1200GS. I agree with the speculation about a baby Tiger (remember the old Tiger Cub?) - the middle weight trailee market is a significant sector, esp on the continent and Triumph could make an inroad in that market. (I'd have one for commuting!)

GlenWatt

Shaft drive 'mmmm.

With mention of a new triple 680 motor from Triumph in MCN today.

Put this and tigerjohn's post together and you have yer baby Tiger ,me thinks...... :wink:
Glen

Email - mailto:glen@watt.me.uk\">glen@watt.me.uk  

\"The Aussies call us Boring... we prefer World Champions\"

Brock

None of this blows my skirt up. Sounds like it'll be another cosmetic makeover to empty the parts bins. There's certainly nothing there to tempt me away from my '04.

Let's all just wait and see eh? Another 2 years for an all-new Tiger.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Brock

Well bugger me...there she is, in today's MCN.

Complete with "Speed Triple Engine Internals".

Looks different in the blue colour pictured, but why don't they stop fannying about and update the bike in one go, complete with new chassis and bodywork? All these minor updates will take a lot of sorting out when we all come to sell our '04/'05/'06 bikes.

Imagine the scene...

"yes sir...is it an '05 with an '05 engine or an '05 with an '06 engine? oh sorry... it's an '04 but it's not an '05 like the others..."

Bollocks. I'm angry again. Another pill, please.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein