News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

06 tiger news

Started by zombie, May 03, 2005, 04:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerjohn

I agree with Brock - seems a bit daft tinkering about when we all know there'll be an all new Tiger around the corner. If the new Sprint and Speed Triple are anything to go by, it'll be worth waiting for.

Robbie

I was expecting this move and I think it is good news. It means there will be a all new Tiger soon. Triumph have limited engineering resources, the new 1050 engine is a modification on the older 955 unit and they have geared up to produce it the Tiger had the same cases but a different head to the Daytona and SpIII. Now if the tiger has the new cases and head you would have thought that it would be easy to stick the long stroke motor in and change the badges on the side but I think the frame needs new mounting points. Therefore milling the top of the engine down and using the same frame while a new frame is in development is a logical move. If they had modified the frame to accept the new 1050 then that would have meant no new tiger for 3 years IMO
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

Brock

I notice there's a dealer in MCN offering the "2006 Tiger 1050cc" in stock "soon", yet the article in the same paper says the capacity stays at 955. Will someone at Triumph get a grip please?
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

knarf

Turn to page 36 of this weeks MCN BikeMart (sorry UK weekly bike mag/paper).

MotorCycle Centre Orrel on the Left handside

TIGER 1050CC

2006 Model Available soon

NEW 1050CC ENGINE

BLUE SILVER or BLACK

£6999

http://www.motorcyclecentre-orrell.co.uk/

/QUOTE

Since they can't get the website address right on the advert in MCN I'm not sure they'll be getting many new 1050cc TIGERS or maybe the current "2006" model is a bin end before the 1050cc comes out.

Their web site was written by a drunk blind monkey while doing 110mph on a C90.
I love the smell of two strokes in the morning

Brock

Well, I saw my first '06 Tiger today, just uncrated at Wylies in Telford.

There she was, all waxed-up in a very pretty metallic blue.

"Pretty???" actually, yes she was. Metallic blue with silver chassis and alloy wheels. Christ I hope they give the bike some character back when they give it a proper makeover next time around. At the moment it looks like something Penelope Pitstop would ride. They may as well paint the bloody thing pink.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

ChrisN

Quote from: "Brock"Well, I saw my first '06 Tiger today.

At the moment it looks like something Penelope Pitstop would ride. They may as well paint the bloody thing pink.

:lol: Now I'm visualising Parker with helmet and goggles on!! "oh yes, m'lady"..... sorry, wrong Penelope! doh!

But :oops: yes ! I've got to agree with Brock, the powder blue does look a little "gay". It would have maybe been better in a darker shade, and the new colour does look a little at odds with the tiger stipe decals. Perhaps it should be re-launched as the new Triumph Tiger Kitten  :D

Seroiusly though, I'm sitting tight hoping Triumph do bring out a an 07 worthy of the description: "New Model".

PS. the above comment is not intended or implied as a slur against gay tigers, either in the wild or captivity. Thankyou.
Chris

Now I'd be interested in a "Tiger Cub" 680cc tripple, 75bhp, 175kgs. With some proper off road ability. That would make it the "new" BMW R80GS. i.e. something you could extract from a ditch without inducing a hernia.

Of course....for on road use we need 1050cc, 120bhp, 90lb/ft, 190kgs and bodywork styled like the new ST dont we?????

'course we do.