News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Starter motor.... woes?

Started by nickjtc, September 08, 2015, 02:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

One word C-Tek, well actually two words, unless you think of it as hyphenated or even ....... sod it you know what I mean. A proper battery conditioner with self test functions at no more money than most of the on the shelf names.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Your barking up the wrong you get fitting C-Tech or the like to a lithium and it'll bugger it up in a jiffy you need an old fashioned battery charger as in it just keeps going until you unplug it.

Sin_Tiger

:icon_redface: oops. You keep sneeking Lithium batteries in when I'm not paying attention.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Chris Canning on October 06, 2015, 03:16:40 PM
Blimey I haven't had a full Tim job for the last 10 years and still I can't find time to fit everything in.

Re Lithium battery I had one on my supermoto for the last two years and it's been really good although there is still a lot of if's and but's about charging them and even though the battery that's on my 955 hasn't been on all that long I might put a lithium on for next year because I've noticed how it has that extra punch right from the go.

Had to do some research when working on a wheelchair for a friend, ditching the old lead acid batteries and replacing them with Li-ion cells.  We ended up using intelligent charger technology favoured by the model race car enthusiasts as the finished battery was 24v 75amp and roughly 400mm by 300mm.  My sister couldn't understand how I didn't get arrested as a terrorist after posting a picture of it.  This is what you call a battery  :bug_eye
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...