News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Earth lead terminal split.

Started by trophydave, December 12, 2015, 10:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trophydave

The earth lead terminal on my Tiger has a split in it.What would be the best way to repair it?The lead is part of the loom so its not just a case of carefully cutting off the old terminal and going and getting a new one crimped on.I did think about running a new separate earth lead.

JoeDirt

It will work as good as "U" terminal for now. You won't miss any volts because of it...

But I look forward to my terminals breaking so I can replace them like below. I bought these of eBay, search for 6... 8... AWG ring terminal. Just look for the ones made with a tube. I put shrink tubing as far as it will go to the terminal. Make sure you buy the right size hole.

Also, buy a crimper with that ball shape in it. You can crush the heck out of it with those and once you heat shrink it... you won't see the dimple.