News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Top 10 'old school' adv bikes

Started by threepot, January 31, 2016, 12:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Cool stuff. My riding buddy has an old Super Tenere, the only one I have ever seen in the flesh. Interesting how similar the visage of a Steamer is to it.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

I always liked the Elephant, unmolested they're like rocking horse  :Topes
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Nick Calne

Interesting that they note the steamer as 'rare'....
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Timbox2

Saw a bloke at Fowlers in Bristol last year on an XLV750  (shaft drive fore-runner of the AT), looked strangely nice
2016 Tiger Sport

London_Phil

Its the twin round headlamps that do it for me, apply Freudian discourse here......

nickjtc

Quote from: London_Phil on January 31, 2016, 03:18:18 PM
Its the twin round headlamps that do it for me, apply Freudian discourse here......

:ImaPoser There's nothing wrong with that!! :love10
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

Quote from: Nick Calne on January 31, 2016, 10:17:08 AM
Interesting that they note the steamer as 'rare'....
even more interesting that they say it has a 21 inch front wheel

Quote from: whoeverwrotethisdrivelthe 900 Tiger, like all early Hinckley bikes, is a variant of its modular three and four-cylinder machines made possible by the addition of a newly-legalised plastic fuel tank complete with integral fairing, longer travel suspension plus MX bars and off-road wire wheels and semi-knobblies with a 21-incher at the front. Mongrel as that sounds, it was actually a decent bike thanks to its grunty, detuned, 85bhp triple and Triumph's characteristic decent handling. Rare today though...

Nick Calne

C'mon Mustang. Everyone's entitled to exagerate by a couple of inches. :augie
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JayDub

I find theres a similarity to the steamer with all the twin h/light models... It was my search for a Tenere which brough me to my steamer, I had no luck finding one at a reasonable price at that time - but I'm glad I was steered in this direction now (I think  :icon_scratch:)
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Mustang

Quote from: Nick Calne on January 31, 2016, 07:46:02 PM
C'mon Mustang. Everyone's entitled to exagerate by a couple of inches. :augie
well in that case .............