News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Heidenau K60 Scout front tire on a Girly?

Started by Jayell, February 01, 2016, 05:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayell

Just want to make sure, before I open the wallet, that a Heidenau K60 Scout front tire, 110/80-19, will clear the fender on a Girly, 2002 in this case? No problem I assume?

Thanks!  :thumbsup
2002 Tiger 955i, 2011 Thruxton, 2020 Moto Guzzi V85TT

JoeDirt

Quote from: Jayell on February 01, 2016, 05:22:30 AM
Just want to make sure, before I open the wallet, that a Heidenau K60 Scout front tire, 110/80-19, will clear the fender on a Girly, 2002 in this case? No problem I assume?

Thanks!  :thumbsup

Sorry for the late reply... I thought maybe someone would chime in. :icon_rolleyes:

The 110/80-19 is the stock size for a 2002 Girly. That is the exact size on the front end of my 2001 and Hayne's book as well.

Heidenau has a website and a spec sheet at: http://heidenautires.com/tirepress/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/heidenau-tires-spec-sheet-2015.pdf

Dyn Blin

Quote from: JoeDirt on February 04, 2016, 04:32:05 AM
Sorry for the late reply... I thought maybe someone would chime in. :icon_rolleyes:

Too funny, I replied on another forum- 'have witnessed same on other Girlies, (and looks aggressively awesome) but watch the mud with stock front fender- @$$ over teakettle is not fun on a locked front tire ooze.  DAMHIK
This is why we can't have nice things.

JoeDirt

Quote from: IndiTex on February 04, 2016, 11:55:46 PM
Well I've upgraded so got to let the, now smaller girl, go.
35k mostly hwy. miles, just serviced
Lots of goodies
Here is the link to craigslist ad; http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/5433777779.html
KC area

Thanks,
inditx

This guy is selling his motorcycle with Heidenau tires on his... you might PM him.

Dyn Blin

the bash plate in that ad looks like a KTM guard turned back to front?
This is why we can't have nice things.

Dutch

Quote from: Dyn Blin on February 05, 2016, 06:21:19 AM
Too funny, I replied on another forum- 'have witnessed same on other Girlies, (and looks aggressively awesome) but watch the mud with stock front fender- @$$ over teakettle is not fun on a locked front tire ooze.  DAMHIK
That is probably the case with any tire with even a little bit of knobbies. It's not the tire that is the problem but the mud it moves.

Is it a coincedence that dirt bikes all have high fenders  :icon_scratch: