News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

French riding laws

Started by John Stenhouse, February 01, 2016, 01:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

Those Frenchies are at it again! A friend in France has just informed me the code over there has changed over the new year. You are now obliged to wear a hi viz vest out of town in poor weather conditions and also must wear one in case of a breakdown. The vest must be able to be put on without getting off the bike in case of breakdown, basically means it has to be in your pocket or reachable without getting off, nope panniers or top box wont do.

Knowing  the Gendarmerie, th.ey'll be hot on this for a while then let it slide as usual

Hey Threepot, where did you get the hi viz vests from and can we have a few more please.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

nickjtc

Unless you choose to wear a hi-vis vest all the time....???
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Chris Canning

I've a link somewhere that doesn't seem as draconian as they but you still need them with you,bought ours from Aldi cost 3 quid for 2 :icon_lol:

http://www.drive-france.com/faqs/motorcycling-france/

vince

Quote from: Chris Canning on February 01, 2016, 07:55:58 PM
I've a link somewhere that doesn't seem as draconian as they but you still need them with you,bought ours from Aldi cost 3 quid for 2 :icon_lol:

http://www.drive-france.com/faqs/motorcycling-france/

it appears that in this article which is older than yours
that you only by law need to carry it
and use it  in the event of an accident or breakdown
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/france-requires-bikers-carry-high-vis-vests/26708.html#ixzz3vnJBta6P

have thing changed then ???

still I wear one any way
cheers vince
what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

Chris Canning

What threw me with the info about the French is while the breath test and helmets stickers have been on going this thing about the jackets has come out of the blue although it's been a car thing for a long time but until that link I posted I've not seen a thing before.

blacktiger

Quote from: Chris Canning on February 01, 2016, 11:02:31 PM
What threw me with the info about the French is while the breath test and helmets stickers have been on going this thing about the jackets has come out of the blue although it's been a car thing for a long time but until that link I posted I've not seen a thing before.

It didn't come out of the blue because they've been banging on about getting us to wear them all the time for a couple of years. They scaled it back from wear to carry.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.