News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tubeless progress

Started by ssevy, February 28, 2016, 02:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

I hadn't thought about temperature...that will be something to keep an eye on. Thanks for that Sin!
(Triumph guys are sure clever...haven't met one dullard on a Triumph yet😉)
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

ssevy

Just to follow up, this is the tape I used, and one roll was sufficient with some left over:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Y7CLHM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

ssevy

Update 6/10/16
Tires are holding air just fine. Will update if this changes.

ssevy

Have ridden mostly fully loaded (the bike, not me😆), but finally riding luggage free the other night, it does seem to turn in much easier without the tubes. It may be just the Placebo Effect, but it seems like minor corrections mid turn to avoid potholes are really effortless now.

Sin_Tiger

Small reduction in unsprung weight, perhaps even the casings are a bit more pliable perhaps, with so many factors involved it's rather subjective  :^_^ It'll be interesting see how the tyres last and what the wear pattern looks like

End of the day a good result  :thumbsup and one that gives you confidence and pleasure riding  :eusa_clap
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint