News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Re: Dipped Front Rim

Started by klingklang, March 16, 2016, 01:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klingklang

I am a little hesitant to tell more since I did not tried it on the road yet since it is still the agony of winter here.  It is only theory and on lift trial for now.   I will be please to give you some advice in a few days /week when I am 100% sure.

another weekend in the garage: sanded marks and "plasti dipped" the front wheel

JoeDirt

KlingKlang,

I separated this topic out...

It looks very nice. I would like to know how you took spokes out and reassembled it.

~JD :thumbsup

Dyn Blin

Looks very good.  I like the Plasti-Dip mods. Kinda fun and easy to reverse.   

I got bored with the weathered aluminium look on my  pannier boxes:  A few coats of flat black refreshed them well, & made a decade's worth of dents and scratches almost invisible.  The only downside?  The became a heat sink.  I used to be able transport a whole mess of ribs or a few pounds of pork butt to the campsite for a weekend and keep it cold with a bag of ice in the boxes even in the sun.  No more, now i have to look for shade.

I have noticed the  Plasti-Dip is pretty vulnerable to anything hydro-carbon based.  Easy touch up, though.
This is why we can't have nice things.