News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wall O Death

Started by KuzzinKenny, March 29, 2016, 02:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

I've always thought Guy Martin was a Superhero and now we have proof..........

:>< :>< :>< :notworthy :notworthy :bowdown :bowdown :>< :>< :><

KK

ps this was live TV  :icon_eek:
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Timbox2

Hes not right in the head that bloke, very enjoyable programme. Best bit for me was when he wheeled that Rob North Triple concoction out, and no sign of a front brake!!! But then on a wall of death brakes are pretty redundant, if you get it wrong brakes are your last worry Id have thought. Bonkers :bug_eye
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

Is there anything that man will NOT try....?
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

threepot

For those who missed it..
95 Super111
96 Tiger

fattyjr

Just a pity guy didn't correct himself (or knew) that he was using a triumph t160 engine in his bike and not a BSA like he said.

98 tiger 885i, 2001 Daytona 955i, 92 trident/sprint 900, 98 trophy 1200, 96 trophy 900, 59 t120 bonnieville, 64 t120 bonnieville, 63, tiger t100s/s, 98 tl1000s, 07 Buell xb1200, 98 husqvarna sm610  x2, 81 husqvarna cr500, 84 husqvarna cr500, 98 xvs650, 90 sportster 883/1200 race bike. And a few more

Chris Canning

Being old enough to have seen them first time around in the early seventies nothing more than badge engineering the difference between the BSA and the Trident was zilch.

Chris Canning

Quote from: Chris Canning on March 31, 2016, 10:01:05 PM
Being old enough to have seen them first time around in the early seventies nothing more than badge engineering the difference between the BSA and the Trident was zilch.

What I forgot note the Daytona quick filler tank!! And the modern day rubber primary drive belt!!.

nickjtc

Quote from: Chris Canning on March 31, 2016, 10:01:05 PM

Except the Rocket 3 cylinders were angled slightly forward.

fattyjr

Chris, Just to clarify the difference

guys

triumph

bsa

98 tiger 885i, 2001 Daytona 955i, 92 trident/sprint 900, 98 trophy 1200, 96 trophy 900, 59 t120 bonnieville, 64 t120 bonnieville, 63, tiger t100s/s, 98 tl1000s, 07 Buell xb1200, 98 husqvarna sm610  x2, 81 husqvarna cr500, 84 husqvarna cr500, 98 xvs650, 90 sportster 883/1200 race bike. And a few more

nickjtc

We're all beginning to sound like a bunch of anoraks! :icon_wink: The early T150 Trident had the upright cylinders. The later T160 used the Rocket 3 iteration and canted them forward a bit. As did the X75 Hurricane.

threepot

Designed by Bert Hopwood and Doug Hele. Based on EdwardTurners twin. Apparently launched a few weeks before the CB750. But could have been produced 5 years earlier,according to Bert Hopwoods book. Then it may have progressed to ohc,then...who knows?? Just sums up the way the industry was run then :icon_frown:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

Quote from: threepot on April 01, 2016, 01:18:25 AM
Designed by Bert Hopwood and Doug Hele. Based on EdwardTurners twin. Apparently launched a few weeks before the CB750. But could have been produced 5 years earlier,according to Bert Hopwoods book. Then it may have progressed to ohc,then...who knows?? Just sums up the way the industry was run then :icon_frown:

Indeed. The conspiracy theorists have it that Edward Turner personally scuttled the idea of a 'multi' on the basis that they were selling every 650 twin that they could produce, and therefore he could not see the point of the expenditure to develop the triple. And of course the Japanese were no threat at all since all they did was make smaller machines.

threepot

Quote from: nickjtc on April 01, 2016, 04:26:01 PM
Indeed. The conspiracy theorists have it that Edward Turner personally scuttled the idea of a 'multi' on the basis that they were selling every 650 twin that they could produce, and therefore he could not see the point of the expenditure to develop the triple. And of course the Japanese were no threat at all since all they did was make smaller machines.
His philosophy was..'people will learn to ride on they're 'small' bikes,then buy ours'  Well worth a read.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

Quote from: threepot on April 01, 2016, 06:08:03 PM
His philosophy was..'people will learn to ride on they're 'small' bikes,then buy ours'  Well worth a read.

I agree. I started on a CB175 and lusted after a Commando, but could never afford one on apprentice wages. When I finally got one I realized that if I could have afforded it then I would have been an unhappy chappie.

Having said that, this wall of death bike shows that with a modicum of fettling and the incorporation of modern bits and pieces (especially electrical) those old nails can be made into useable daily riders. Or stunt bikes. :icon_wink: