News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cafe Racers

Started by Timbox2, April 16, 2016, 05:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Just nipped up the bike cafe for an hour and spotted these 2

Pretty tidy LC

Old Triumph? No idea, answers on a postcard. You can see Tigger lurking in the background
2016 Tiger Sport

nickjtc

Lovely Speed Twin (version 1.0); lovelier Elsie!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

GavD

An highly modified LC with a YPVS engine  :love10 :love10

RGV front end??

Metmachex swing arm!!
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Timbox2

There was another guy there on a really tatty looking old Carb Engine 900 Sprint, I didnt take a picture as it was so rough looking. But when he started it up to go, whooa, I then noticed he had reverse mega cones on it, did it sound sweet or what
2016 Tiger Sport

nickjtc

Quote from: GavD on April 16, 2016, 07:37:59 PM

RGV front end??

Metmachex swing arm!!

I wonder how much all those goodies cost....... :bug_eye
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: GavD on April 16, 2016, 07:37:59 PM

RGV front end??

Metmachex swing arm!!

Warming, severe anorak  :ImaPoser
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Timbox2

Funny how times change though, when the LC first came out it was definately a younger persons hooning tool.  Also at the Cafe yesterday but didnt get a pic was a guy called Lawrence, who I believe is in his 80's, he was riding his brand Anniversary XSR900, already seen by some as a modern successor to the LC, pretty bike.
2016 Tiger Sport

Nick Calne

When I was about 10 or 11 all my mates who had big brothers, who were say 19 or 20, either wanted that yamaha or had one. Definatively the hooning tool of the early 80's I'd guess. Only a few made it through alive though...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

My mate Andy survived parking one in the back door of an Austin 1100 with no more than bruising and broken arm back in 1982.  Young lady driver was ok if a little shaken. Don't think she'd ever pull out without looking again....

And yes, he "hooned" around a lot on it.  We were all a bit daft in those days.   
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Came across this the other day, didn't manage to speak to the owner. Still a work in progress but different and nice.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Timbox2

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 18, 2016, 01:16:28 AM
Came across this the other day, didn't manage to speak to the owner. Still a work in progress but different and nice.

He could turn it into one of these maybe, the kits designed for 3 pots, but the guy reckons it will probably do a 4 pot too.

2016 Tiger Sport