News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Two nice bikes.

Started by threepot, April 23, 2016, 11:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

56 T110,first with alloy head.Absolutely stunning bike. Guy bought it in boxes,total rebuild.. And a Guzzi 1200.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Lovely  :love10 and the Guzzi is not bad either, it's got real attitude  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 24, 2016, 12:08:03 AM
Lovely  :love10 and the Guzzi is not bad either, it's got real attitude  :thumbsup
It's a nice bike ,in its own 'quirky' way! Ride it in a 'gentlemanly' manner,and its fine. But push it,and it becomes a bit of a handful! I think my tiger is better in every department..except the brakes! Guzzi has Brembo,and their good! But I enjoyed my outing on it,but after riding it,I realised how good the 'steamer' is! :thumbsup
95 Super111
96 Tiger

mat-tiger1

Did you have to wear the obligatory 'piss-pot' & goggles when you rode the T110?  :icon_lol:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

nickjtc

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on April 24, 2016, 02:30:53 AM
Did you have to wear the obligatory 'piss-pot' & goggles when you rode the T110?  :icon_lol:

:rfl
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Timbox2

If Guzzi had put the older 2 valve engine in the Stelvio I might have had one. In fact I always lusted after the V-11 Lemans, but totally impractical for me. Nice bikes in someone elses garage
2016 Tiger Sport

Nick Calne

Guzzis are an interesting choice. So..... odd but desirable and weird and questionable and and and....

In an ideal world I think we'd all have one.... as about a third or fourth bike.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Quote from: Nick Calne on April 24, 2016, 09:32:35 AM
In an ideal world I think we'd all have one.... as about a third or fourth bike.

:iagree ....after a Bonneville or Thruxton.

Nick Calne

Well there's a puzzle. Bonne/Thruxton/Speed twin or guzzi v7 or 9? Hmmm... not sure what I'd go for.

So am I right in thinking that...
First bike = tiger for away days
Second bike = dirt bike for dirty weekends
Third bike = rocket 3 for sun shine days
Fourth = dilemna as above for Sunday pub runs?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Quote from: Nick Calne on April 24, 2016, 05:02:07 PM
Well there's a puzzle. Bonne/Thruxton/Speed twin or guzzi v7 or 9? Hmmm... not sure what I'd go for.

Fourth = dilemna as above for Sunday pub runs?

Having had (and really enjoyed) a Thruxton, that would be a no-brainer.

Fourth: what about a tiddler so that the ride to the pub is at a speed where you can really enjoy the ride and smell the roses.......

Sin_Tiger

Black Tiger can only smell hops  :rfl
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint