News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

from TUNEBOY to TUNECU idle problem...

Started by klingklang, May 06, 2016, 02:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klingklang

In fact it is not an idle problem,  because idle ok. It is more after I'm gone and the bike is still cold.  I can play with the throttle , is goes back where it should be when the bike is in neutral and stopped. The first stop after I'm gone, and pull the clutch, it goes to 3000rpm and it is like that until the engine get decent hotter temperature. I run the the base 885i tune. I've tried to compare with tuneboy tune and did not notice anything wrong.  any idea?  I did the reset on the switch

Timbox2

If im reading this correctly it sounds like a similar issue I had on my last Girly which eventually resulted in me buying a new IACV stepper motor
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Use Tuneboy or TuneECU test the IACV, as Tim says, that's probably the issue.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

klingklang

I did not reinstalled tuneboy on new computer.  PLese be kind to tell me how to check the IACV with tuneECU.   I did not found how to.  I dismantle all the pipes to check for leak and there perfect. THe only think I see is the IACV adjustment.  Do you check with that by high imput value?   because noe I dont see it move or trying to set is position

klingklang

solved, kind off.   was doing the right test, it just don't move.  stepper motor is hot and barely vibrate.    dismantle it and found some rust.  T1240888 on the shopping list!

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

klingklang

3 weeks, 3 week, 3  W EEEEE KKKKKKK SSSSSSS   to get!!!!!!   thankfully now is on the bike.  Now the bike stall when I get to a stop.    what is the average  IACV an CO value to star from for a 885i?

Bixxer Bob

Just need to set the stepper motor steps in TuneECU then it'll be fine.  Should be around 35 steps.

Make a note of what yours are now then change it to 35.  Try it.  You can go up or down one  or two depending on whether it pops a lot on overrun or bogs when you rev it.  If it does neither you're good.

klingklang

finally, even if I check the tube before remount, Mr Pipe bad luck got an open lung at that particular moment.  Changed all the pipe to rubber one..not kinked, adjust a bit the IACV an bike running smooth at Idle....but...But   B U T !!!!  why it is perfect now in neutral, and if I am in gear (normally the 1) and clutch pulled, it run smooth also but like many RPM more...closer to 2000 than the 1200 at neutral idle ???????

Bixxer Bob

I might have to back peddle on the steps.  Mine is running really well as far as trickling through traffic at 30mph is concerned; in fact I can't remember it ever being this smooth.

BUT, I checked yesterday and my steps are set at 5 nd I'm loath to mess with it.