News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Increase the capacity of a pannier??

Started by nickjtc, May 10, 2016, 03:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

It irks me every time I load up the bike that the right hand pannier is only marginally useful for carrying stuff because of the 'cut out' to allow for the exhaust. More so in this case because the Leo Vince is a lot smaller in diameter than the stock exhaust

So, anyone got creative ideas as to how to increase its capacity?

I was thinking of attaching two fore and aft 'tool tubes' to the inside surface, or maybe being drastic and getting some ally plate and fabricating a squared off box on the inner side to get rid of the indent. Yes, this would mean that the pannier would never work with the stock exhaust, but since I doubt that I will ever put it back on this is not an issue.

Incidentally, I tried putting the left pannier on that side, and it would fit, if the mounting frame was modified. And no, I do not want to buy an aluminium Ewan McCharlie set-up!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

don't bring so much "stuff"

I learned a long time ago ..travel light , there's a walmart everywhere for a new pair of socks and jeans.

the only thing you really need is a tent a sleeping bag and your camera .................everything else can be bought as needed .

:__

Sin_Tiger

A box of paper skiddies, the farther you go, the lighter you get  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Good points, both. It's not weight carrying capacity I'm looking for, just extra volume. So that said sleeping bag could be carried in a pannier rather than in a dry bag bungeed to the bag of the seat. No point in giving evil reprobates an easy target to steal.....

And I don't need paper underwear because each pair of pants lasts four days :thumbsup (That's front, reverse, inside out, reverse)  :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"