News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

NW 200

Started by Chris Canning, May 17, 2016, 10:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Having just coming back from one of those rare events a dry NW200 when I get off my backside will post a few photos in the mean time if you were the Irish lad with his other eating fish and chips at Bushmills and wondered how anyone knows about Polish crash bars :icon_redface: if was me.

Chris Canning

On the way to Dublin the Irish Rangers practice boarding the boat  :icon_eek:

The XR is nowhere near ready to get the job done so the old girl did it no problem.

If you watch Game of Thrones the Dark Hedges!!

Dun Luce Castle or what's left of it.

Timbox2

Cheers Chris, one of the few places I really would like to get to before I croak, worked in the North a lot, but never got into the Republic. Should be easy for me too with Pembroke an easy ride away.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

It's an absolute must,in a nice kind of way they live in a time warp be that the way they live or house prices  :icon_eek:

ghulst

Is there a place where you can watch the whole road racing series?
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Chris Canning

For the folks in the UK there is just go to BBC NI on the IPlayer and you will get the 200 and Cookstown 100 not sure if the Tandragee is on there as well all from this year,but outside of the UK??.

I also see you put SW Holland is that Middleberg?

ghulst

Thanks. I can VPN into the UK and watch it that way then. Nice.

Nope, not Middelburg, but close. Well done. It is Goes in this case. Been around here?

Timbox2

Quote from: ghulst on May 20, 2016, 12:20:40 AM
Thanks. I can VPN into the UK and watch it that way then. Nice.

Hurry up, I hear there are moves a foot to stop anyone accessing it without a UK TV licence
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Quote from: ghulst on May 20, 2016, 12:20:40 AM

Nope, not Middelburg, but close. Well done. It is Goes in this case. Been around here?

Oh yes :icon_biggrin:,have good biking friends who live in Middleberg who I have known a looong time!! Was in Goes not all that long ago to visit the grave of Guy Gibson you will have to google him.

ghulst

You should have given a shout. We could have had a drink. ;)

GavD

Quote from: Chris Canning on May 20, 2016, 11:54:11 AM
Was in Goes not all that long ago to visit the grave of Guy Gibson you will have to google him.
:icon_salut:  Hero

Just had a little google to see why he was buried there.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Timbox2

Quote from: GavD on May 21, 2016, 09:51:56 AM
:icon_salut:  Hero

Just had a little google to see why he was buried there.

I still find it incredible, and massively humbling, that at the time of his death he was still only 26.
2016 Tiger Sport

ghulst

I was wondering about the grave when you mentioned it, as I would have known about that being here. So I googled it and found that it was as I thought. He was the guy that came down in Steenbergen and was buried there, not in Goes. ;) But yes, sad to loose a guy like that like this.

Chris Canning

nickjtc

Quote from: Timbox2 on May 21, 2016, 10:31:16 AM
I still find it incredible, and massively humbling, that at the time of his death he was still only 26.

And that he died under not-quite-clear circumstances.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"