News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SW Motech Stand on Lowered Eccentrics

Started by Dev_1, June 11, 2016, 08:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dev_1

PSA
I ride my Girly with the flipped eccentrics for a lower ride. SW Motech states that their center stand will not work with a lowered bike. They were kinda right as it did grind when cornering...especially when riding 2up.

Fortunately, I was able to grind off a little material from the "stopper ledge" and now the stand tucks up nicely. No more scraping in corners  :wheel

JayDub

How about getting it onto the center stand? mine (steamer) has +15mm links and I need to first roll the back wheel onto a 50mm block before I can pull the bike up... or maybe I'm just becoming weaker - having said that, I just replaced the shock so maybe that will help, as the old one was quite fooked - I must try it tomorrow  :nod
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."