News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Scottish Classics Show

Started by Sin_Tiger, June 12, 2016, 11:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Doing my bit for the local club that runs this annual event, I managed to get some time to actually snap a few bikes, here are some of those that I didn't put my finger over the lense (how did I manage that with a camera phone  :icon_scratch: ) or were blurry or someone stepped in front of me at the last second.

The Racers
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

To the owners credit, most of the bikes were ridden in and buffed up on the stands and nearly all of them are road registered and used on local club runs. There were quite a few rare specimins that you might not expect to see at a "regional" event and some that would be attractions at a museum.

The Vintage & Early Classic models
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

And a couple of Modern Classics just for fun, with one for us  :icon_wink:

Sin_Tiger

I parked her up as they asked me to fill a spare slot, not even wiped down after the ride in.

Nobody was more  :bug_eye  than me.

nickjtc

Lovely. The Honda RC30 is another one of those 'lottery bikes' on my list. Just to sit in the living room and look at.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Chris Canning

Funny story about RC's I've a mate who helps run the RC club you can normally see them at Stafford in October,I see a 45 forsale on a BMW website at half what it was worth in France,I phone my mate up and say plan A is I'll buy it,plan B we'll go halfs,plan C I need my head looking at you can have it if your desperate!!!.

He's already climbing down the phone as luck we have it we are good mates,good job not often you buy a 20 grand bike for half of that :icon_biggrin:

Nice photos by the way never ceases to amaze me what folk have tucked away in their garages and of course with the interest rate being so bad this stuff is making money every year as an investment.

Nick Calne

Is that a runner up rosette?  I have to say if anything beats a caspian blue steamer it must been some bike!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Timbox2

Love the sidecar outfit with the Tartan.  How about a Caspian Blue Steamer with a sporran
2016 Tiger Sport

GavD

Quote from: Nick Calne on June 13, 2016, 11:38:53 PM
Is that a runner up rosette?  I have to say if anything beats a caspian blue steamer it must been some bike!
A black steamer won  :wings
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Timbox2 on June 14, 2016, 08:37:00 PM
Love the sidecar outfit with the Tartan.

He was trying to start it off car driven rollers without a lot of success when one of our older members strolled over and had a quiet word in his ear. Suddenly it busy into fire breathing lifew.  When the old fella came over to relieve me on the ticket gate, I asked him what he'd said. "I usually find they start a bit easier without the sink plugs in the bell mouths"  :mut :icon_redface:

JayDub

Is that a nice little Ariel I see? - I like that.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."