News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Calling 800XC / 800XCX Owners

Started by Bixxer Bob, June 28, 2016, 09:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

They are Chris, and I now understand what you ment about the game moving on.  I might need some help setting up the suspension at some point mate.

My first impression was one of how much of the GS Triumph had captured in terms of seating position, pillion comfort, all round roominess, vibration, size, everything....  They nailed the power delivery though, mid range it flies.  Most worrying was exactly what Niall warned me about.  You think you're doing 60, look down and it's more like 80...

The more I'm thinking about the front end noise today though, especially as early ones had the shim bucket issue, the more I want it checked out.  There's too much money at stake so I'm going to pop back tomorrow and ask them to test ride their demo bike for comparison. 

Other than that I'm happy; it's the start of a new era for me  :icon_biggrin:

By the way, when I rode the Girly home, she felt awfully small in comparison; and there was me wanting something smaller / lighter  :*&*
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Rear sus I'd just suffer it till you ditch for what ever while the obvious are Ohlins and Wilbers Nitron are coming up on the outside rail at a rate of knots at good money,what you have to be really carefull with the UK Wilbers lot he has a very bad habit of selling you what he wants and not what you need!!!

Bixxer Bob

We have some sort of deal with Maxton on the race bikes Chris so maybe a bit of discount to explore there.   One of our riders has a good relationship with K-Tech so again, something to look at.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Either will do I had my Ohlins re-valved by the K-tech guys and they were great they also make their own rear shock but while looks can be decieving their shock doesn't look great were as the Maxton oozes quality so long as you can put up with the colour of the spring :icon_

Front runner currently for the XR rear is Wilbers 642 with ride height ajuster and remote pre-load.

Bixxer Bob

It's worth remembering that to us mortals it's a dark and mysterious art, but to them it's just another shock; a bread and butter job.  Ourexperience with K Tech has been the same as yours though, excellent customer service.

And Iknow what you mean about the Maxton spring....  :bad    Purple isn't that bad  :*&*

Chris Canning

Blimey Bix just been listening to your video didn't know Triumph made cement mixers :icon_lol:

But it does look clean  :icon_biggrin:,keep the 955 for the winter you'll be crying riding that 1200. :augie

Bixxer Bob

You been on the Tex site then Chris?? Yes, it sounds rough when cold, according to the dealer apparently they all do.  Hmmmm.....

The old Girl went on Sunday, sold privately; sorry to see her go.  Don't do a lot of winter riding any more so it shouldn't be a problem.

It's a lot better when its warm but having only done 5k in 3 yrs it's probably not had a lot of spirited use.  I shall see if it responds to a damn good thrashing while it's under warranty.

I put 60-odd miles on her today in dry and rain.  It reminds me of when I first got the Girly and it had Anakees on it; very heavy on the steering.  The change to Scorpion Trails was amazing so that's what she'll get as soon as these are done,  they're squared off anyway.

Chris Canning

I registered on there when they first came out why  :icon_redface: I have no idea because very quickly realised I just couldn't get past the 19" front but I'll be an avid viewer seeing how you get on with it.

Bixxer Bob

Well, it looks like I'm going to call it "Fordson"  for obvious reasons although I did think "Fergie" for the same reason and because I like redheads.

I'm looking forward to a couple of longer trips to properly get used to it.

Still confused by the gadgetry ......

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint