News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pleased to introduce Hooker

Started by Bixxer Bob, August 17, 2016, 09:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Gentlemen, let me introduce Hooker; so named because she's kinda rough and she goes a bit.

I loved everything about this bike from the first moments of the test ride.  Except the clattery engine.  After a few days I still wasn't sure about it so decided a bit of bonding was needed. From Monday morning until teatime today I've done just under 1100 miles from home to visit friends and family in the north east, then on to see Sin via some very scenic Northumberland  and lowland Scotland roads and then home again.

It worked; I'm happy enough.  Yes, it's the noisiest bike I've ever owned but the handling and grunt far outway that.

Now, which new tyres to buy...... :icon_scratch:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on August 17, 2016, 09:39:58 PM
Now, which new tyres to buy...... :icon_scratch:

:new_popcornsmiley. Hang on until I get a beverage du jour, too.

And congrats on the new bike.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Chris Canning

Bix

Do they have a reputation for engines being noisey?

JayDub

Maybe the noise was from that old trophy behind you BB  :augie
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

There was an issue with the cam buckets on some engines,but I think all effected were either recalled to the factory,or 'kits' were sent out to the dealers to fix? Have you checked your engine was not effected Bob?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Bixxer Bob

Chris, yes they have.  The dealer's workshop manager even suggested ear plugs, I kid you not.  I'm kind of OK with it now having ridden Sin's Trophy although I'm pretty sure I have at least one valve on top limit because, in addition to the usual top end noise, it's hot a fairly heavy tap tap tap.

TP,  yes I checked,mine is after the recall.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BONANZA

I put a set of Michelin Annake 3 on mine a couple of months ago.Felt loads more grippy and confidence inspiring(especially in the wet) than the original Metzelers. Just got back yesterday from 1100 mls round Scotland and they were superb. Like a lot of things though it,s down to personal taste and feeling.Just ride it and enjoy it.
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

Timbox2

Quote from: BONANZA on August 21, 2016, 01:56:17 PM
I put a set of Michelin Annake 3 on mine a couple of months ago.Felt loads more grippy and confidence inspiring(especially in the wet) than the original Metzelers. Just got back yesterday from 1100 mls round Scotland and they were superb. Like a lot of things though it,s down to personal taste and feeling.Just ride it and enjoy it.

Me too with Anakee 3's on the Girly,  had the front wheel lock on me in the dry a few times with Tourances without too much provacation, the Anakees have masses more mechanical grip wet or dry and feel almost like a full on road tyre.
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Today two different mechanics rode Hooker.  It seeems it's just normal noise; whcih is also what Sin said, and my Tiger Sport owning friend also.

So I'll shut up now and just ride it.   :wheel :wheel :wheel

PeteH

Me and a couple of mates are doing the charity ride thing on the 4th, ones on a 12 plate 1200, so maybe compare enging noise if your going....
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

JoeDirt

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on August 23, 2016, 12:53:02 PM
Today two different mechanics rode Hooker.  It seeems it's just normal noise; whcih is also what Sin said, and my Tiger Sport owning friend also.

So I'll shut up now and just ride it.   :wheel :wheel :wheel

The only sound you are hearing is pure jealousy. It's a high pitch sound just beyond human hearing...  :icon_sad:

Bixxer Bob

After watching this on board footage from another Explorer I'm no longer worrying about mine.  If anything his is even noisier than mine  :*&*

Sin_Tiger

:*&*  are you sure that wasn't the noise from my Trophy, I was two bikes in front of him.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Noisy? That's quiet! The noise you could hear was probably me riding my steamer in Wiltshire.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?