News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

NEW Triumph Bobber

Started by Bixxer Bob, October 20, 2016, 11:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Nick Calne on October 21, 2016, 04:01:07 PM
So these aren't for hipsters, they are for middle aged wannabees.

I had to read that twice to check you weren't talking about Big Adventure Bikes  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: ghulst on October 21, 2016, 10:52:53 PM
They have predicted that soon we won't need helmets anymore. ;)

Ah, so BMW thinks that the ground is going to morph into marshmallow softness over the next hundred years...???  :icon_lol:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickjtc on October 22, 2016, 12:40:23 AM
Ah, so BMW thinks that the ground is going to morph into marshmallow softness over the next hundred years...???  :icon_lol:

Perhaps but they do seem to think their potential customers brains have done so already  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Nick Calne on October 21, 2016, 04:01:07 PM
Sadly you are right. This whole hipster thing only really works though if you do the bike yourself. Buying a fake pastiche-old bike doesn't really cut it for the younger guys, like those on the advert. So these aren't for hipsters, they are for middle aged wannabees. Bet you the average age purchaser is 50 plus.  You are right about the gs brigade. It's a fad that is probably getting close to having run its mainstream course. It all looks a bit dorky and old hat these days.

I still think there is a need for a less friendly, high speed,  bad boy monster arsehole dickhead bike in any manufacturers range.

Regarding the hipsters Nick, I'd agree with you but the ones that can actually wield a spanner are few and most want everything now without the work which is where this comes in.  Not all I'll grant you. There's a strong custom movement in the London area.  As for the monster, I read recently that Triumph have theirs in the freezer ready to be thawed out and updated if ever the need arises. I think they were referring to their Blackbird copy that never happened.

I watched Bike World on one of the obscure channels last night and was astonished at the electronics kit on the latest wave of 1 litre sports bikes though.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

Want everything now, can't do work, all a bit style over substance? Surely not. No young people, least of all the hipster crowd, are like that at all!    :ImaPoser

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Quote from: Nick Calne on October 23, 2016, 09:37:46 PM
Want everything now, can't do work, all a bit style over substance? Surely not. No young people, least of all the hipster crowd, are like that at all!    :ImaPoser

:thumbsup
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

benebob

Why would I pay that kind of money for something I could build with a clapped out Bonnie and $3000?  Oh right we live in a world where our young people never had a day of shop in their lives and aspire to buy things not build them.  It will sell to the Hipsters but I fear they probably expect it to be comfortable and practical as well rather than a bar hopper.

99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800