News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Long story, but Win 10 & Tune ECU Connection issues

Started by Timbox2, October 20, 2016, 10:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

I'll try to keep it short but interesting day yesterday, I'll reserve the puncture on the M50 fiasco for another thread. But eventually got to Chris C's in the back of a SOS Motorcycle wagon to have a go at his Tiger with Tune ECU. Ive been using my new Win 10 laptop with Tune ECU for a few months without any real problems. Connected to Chris's Tiger and downloaded a map no problem, but then tried to reconnect to do a TPS reset and nothing, just wouldnt connect, saw a few errors about not being able to open to com port, restarted laptop, changed com ports etc but nothing, just to make sure I hadnt done anything terminal to Chris' ECU tried to connect to my bike but same thing, eventually had to call it a day and head off back to Wales. Today I had a think and started to have a look through the event viewer on the laptop and there was definitely something pointing towards the laptop having a hissy fit around the time it stopped connecting. A bit drastic but I decided to reset the laptop to Factory settings and bang, all working again, not a 5 minute job, my laptop took 2 to 3 hours to reset, I also installed the drivers manually this time before connecting the cable which I didnt do the first time. Its still not totally stable, but seems to be usable and Ive ordered a new Cable from Triumph Twin Power to see if that makes any difference, so for any Win 10 owners a reset may be worth a try, just remember to back up all your stuff onto a stick or similar.

Oh and thanks to Chris and "The Boys", well one of them, for fixing me puncture, as  said,  a whole new story
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Too complicated to try and even explain the day :icon_rolleyes:.

But it came about because of recent I suffered the same experience as Bixxer did at a dealer some time back,I've been happy to have a map blown in by various dealers over the years and concentrated my efforts on suspension/wheels/brakes etc.

That has changed as my recent visit turned into a cockup and it's time to get my learning hat on restricted by the old dog new tricks syndrome :icon_redface:.

While the XR that I have will just about blow the doors of anything else it comes up against my 955 is part of the family furniture and it's the least I owe it to keep it running the way it has always done and as so many of us know on here behind the scenes there's a lot of help.

Oh and I thought my 955 ran well(ish)untill I heard Tims :icon_biggrin: