News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Have Triumph Gone Mad

Started by Chris Canning, January 07, 2017, 11:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Out with some bike mates tonight one says 'You do realise Triumph have agreed to produce the control engine for Moto 2 in 2018'  :bug_eye

vince

what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

Timbox2

Nice, and back to a 750 Triple. Can we see a modern Trident in the future?
2016 Tiger Sport

vince

Quote from: Timbox2 on January 08, 2017, 11:11:35 AM
Nice, and back to a 750 Triple. Can we see a modern Trident in the future?

my you have you a short memory  :cp :cp
hinkleys first and starter model was a 750 and 900cc trident in 1992  :wings :ImaPoser
from this was spawned the steamer as then it was one size fits all  :__
I do stand to be corrected by more knowledgeable peeps  :cp

my 1993 900 trident bought in 1993 pic taken in 2011
just before it was sold for a tiger 955i

cheers vince  :occasion14
what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

Chris Canning

I think it's well known that all Triumph did in the early days was copy a Kawasaki engine and make it 3 cylinders but everyone has to start somewhere.

Re the Moto2 thing I'm gobsmacked in recent years I've looked at them and thought WTF are they doing,I don't think you can even buy the 675 triple anymore and they are notorious for not helping anyone racing one and then out of the blue they go and do this which is a serious commitment to a market they have absolutely nothing to do with  :icon_scratch:

Ossian

Isn't this engine being used in the new Street Triple due out in a week or so ?

Timbox2

Quote from: vince on January 08, 2017, 11:36:24 AM
my you have you a short memory  :cp :cp
hinkleys first and starter model was a 750 and 900cc trident in 1992  :wings :ImaPoser
from this was spawned the steamer as then it was one size fits all  :__
I do stand to be corrected by more knowledgeable peeps  :cp

my 1993 900 trident bought in 1993 pic taken in 2011
just before it was sold for a tiger 955i

cheers vince  :occasion14

?????????????It was actually the Hinkley Trident I was referring to.
2016 Tiger Sport

threepot

I think there's a new engine/bike out in Feb?? Aren't KTM racing in moto GP next year? Maybe thats Triumphs aim,but a start in moto2? I think it's a good move. They'll get plenty of attention. Time will tell?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Chris Canning

If Triumph ever want to go that route then they better look for rich benefactor,for you guys who have little interest in such Marlborough are still the force behind Ducati and RedBull will spur the KTM effort on although I've no idea how Aprillia do it :icon_scratch:

Engine wise Triumph shouldn't have too much hassle the current CB600 engine is very low spec I doubt if it's doing 120hp the Supersport version is mid 140's at least,just can't get my head around what Triumph are trying achieve you don't go GP racing to promote Boni's and Bobbers unless they thinking of becoming main stream again.

Nick Calne

I imagine that it will help with triumph's global reach. The moto2 racing is very popular and it is easy to see things only from a UK perspective.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Well, profits in 2016 increased by a tad over 80% so they must be doing something right  :^_^ maybe they're feeling a bit flush?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Well that's Jack Lilley gone to the Linden group so I think it's safe to say Triumph has officially become a "Brand" in the same vein as the other euro corporate three.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil

Chris Canning

Interesting bike in the SuperSport race at Donington on Sunday with a Metisse frame and a Triumph triple engine of some description allowed to race but no points.