News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Tiger

Started by Chris Canning, February 02, 2017, 06:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Looks like the days of having to buy aftermarket sus maybe over  :icon_wink: even got a ride height adjuster not unless that's just for the test guys  :icon_biggrin:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2017/february/new-triumph-tiger-800-spy-shots/

Timbox2

That looks like an Ohlins, but will it be a Proper one?
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Well that one is number on the spring with a ride height ajuster probably just put the crap on for the customers  :icon_frown:

Sin_Tiger

I was expecting them to go a bit more radical with this revision but I suppose it's still possible as this is just a development mule. A bolt on sub frame would be a smart move.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

blacktiger

It might look like a Tiger but with the longer wheel base and shorter suspension it could be a basis for an 800GT.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

threepot

:ww
Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 03, 2017, 11:22:18 AM
I was expecting them to go a bit more radical with this revision but I suppose it's still possible as this is just a development mule. A bolt on sub frame would be a smart move.

Looks like it has a bolt on SF??
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Nick Calne

Same. Old.

Perhaps an xrtaxcx model?

Kinda think the big T should be pushing harder to do some cutting edge stuff. They are getting a bit static and look increasingly old hat next to the honda ktm ducati offerings. (And my steamer)

Let's hope that it is a test mule for the new engine only.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

threepot

I agree with Nick to a point. Triumphs 'adventure style' line up ,although good,is not ground breaking? Maybe they are trying to do too much 'in' house',and not using other resources from outside?  The UK boasts some of the finest 'tech' companies in the world. Most of the f1 teams are based here. We have the likes of Cosworth,Ilmor,Lotus etc We have a fantastic tradition in motorcycle frame design ,and companies that race and tune bikes.. Maybe they do coaborate with them?? But,the bikes the opposition make are not really perfect.  Rumours that some new AT owners are not happy with the quality. And reliability issues with other manufacturers?  And the new 950 Ducati needs a cam belt change every 18k miles!!
Quite happy with my 'steamer' thanks!
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Not forgetting we have a great tradition of chassis Innovation,  sine of whom are still up there, just look at what CCM have done with the GP450 and their new Spitfire.

Rob North 800 XC anyone :wheel
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Quote from: threepot on February 11, 2017, 02:03:45 AM
I agree with Nick to a point. Triumphs 'adventure style' line up ,although good,is not ground breaking? Maybe they are trying to do too much 'in' house',and not using other resources from outside?  The UK boasts some of the finest 'tech' companies in the world. Most of the f1 teams are based here. We have the likes of Cosworth,Ilmor,Lotus etc We have a fantastic tradition in motorcycle frame design ,and companies that race and tune bikes.. Maybe they do coaborate with them?? But,the bikes the opposition make are not really perfect.  Rumours that some new AT owners are not happy with the quality. And reliability issues with other manufacturers?  And the new 950 Ducati needs a cam belt change every 18k miles!!
Quite happy with my 'steamer' thanks!

If you have ridden a modern day bike as in something produced in the last 18 months and still think that then blimey you are stuck in a time warp and if you haven't Jeeze are you in for a shock.

I've tried to keep up with the times with my Tiger and others be it suspension/wheels/brakes/fuelling but bloody hell was/is my XR a culture shock came as a mighty wake up call  :icon_eek:

Yea sure you can debate if you need/want such but that doesn't get away from the quantum leap that the latest stuff is no matter who makes it.

Nick Calne

That's a given Chris, I think there was a little tongue in cheek action here. (What an odd turn of phrase that is...)

I think what I wanna see is Triumph pressing on even further.

Like when they made the daytona in the 2000's, the street triple or to a certain extent the tiger 800. That sort of 'leap' forward.

Been a lot of bonneville re-hashes, bobber and street twins, re-hashes of the tiger 1050 and countless tweaks to the tiger 800. All fantastic bikes but essentially the same bikes as before.

Been looking for a new (additional!) bike and the Triumph range is just ever so slightly stodgey at the moment in comparison with some rivals.

Sin_Tiger

Have a look at the new Street Triple Nick, that is off you like your stodge with mega stove chilli, I'm looking forward to getting a test ride on that to compare with my series 1.

And if you think Bonnies are porridge, try the new Thruxton R in sport mode  :bad

Nick Calne

I've had a go on the old street triple and I thought it was great fun. Jail would be inevitable if I owned one. Or death. Or fame and glory. Or some sort of imaginative combination of these things.

Only ridden a bonnie a couple of times and I can't be doing with the lack of thrust. Presumably the thruxton deals with this issue more than adequately?

threepot

Quote from: Chris Canning on February 11, 2017, 12:29:23 PM
If you have ridden a modern day bike as in something produced in the last 18 months and still think that then blimey you are stuck in a time warp and if you haven't Jeeze are you in for a shock.

I've tried to keep up with the times with my Tiger and others be it suspension/wheels/brakes/fuelling but bloody hell was/is my XR a culture shock came as a mighty wake up call  :icon_eek:

Yea sure you can debate if you need/want such but that doesn't get away from the quantum leap that the latest stuff is no matter who makes it.
A valid response Chris. And yes,I have ridden quite a few bikes in the last few years. Some old and new Jap,and a couple of new Triumphs. But when I get back on my Steamer,and Daytona,I realise they're not that much better,if atall?
Yes,some are lighter,more responsive due to fi,faster in a straight line. But certainly lack the 'character' my bikes have :icon_wink:
Just my opinion.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Chris Canning

Quote from: Nick Calne on February 11, 2017, 04:14:49 PM
That's a given Chris, I think there was a little tongue in cheek action here. (What an odd turn of phrase that is...)

I think what I wanna see is Triumph pressing on even further.

Like when they made the daytona in the 2000's, the street triple or to a certain extent the tiger 800. That sort of 'leap' forward.

Been a lot of bonneville re-hashes, bobber and street twins, re-hashes of the tiger 1050 and countless tweaks to the tiger 800. All fantastic bikes but essentially the same bikes as before.

Been looking for a new (additional!) bike and the Triumph range is just ever so slightly stodgey at the moment in comparison with some rivals.

Oh blimey your preaching to the converted,I go to the bike show every year I cannot remember the last time I went on the Triumph stand they have completely lost the plot about the only light at the end of tunnel is this new triple engine for Moto2.