News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Tiger

Started by Chris Canning, February 02, 2017, 06:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Quote from: Nick Calne on February 11, 2017, 04:14:49 PM
That's a given Chris, I think there was a little tongue in cheek action here. (What an odd turn of phrase that is...)

I think what I wanna see is Triumph pressing on even further.

Like when they made the daytona in the 2000's, the street triple or to a certain extent the tiger 800. That sort of 'leap' forward.

Been a lot of bonneville re-hashes, bobber and street twins, re-hashes of the tiger 1050 and countless tweaks to the tiger 800. All fantastic bikes but essentially the same bikes as before.

Been looking for a new (additional!) bike and the Triumph range is just ever so slightly stodgey at the moment in comparison with some rivals.

I think Nick is 'conditioning' us for his new 'AT' purchase? :augie  :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Bixxer Bob

Having spent the last 5 weeks sitting in a chair and eating cake while avoiding daytime TV as much as possible (due to a hip injury) I caught MCN live streaming of the new 765 Street Triple test in Spain and f**k me did they like it.  They believe its a quantum leap from the old one.  We can only hope that it follows on into the rest of the range.

Doubling back to my own experience, like Chris says, test riding my Explorer was a revelation.  The old Girly always handled better than it had any right to even as stock in my opinion, but the Ex takes itway beyond that.  The way that it's still a tall bike with a tall engine but they've managed to make it feel like the weight is much lower down defies physics for me.

And going off at a tangent for  minute, have you seen the team Aston Martin have assembled under Adrian Newey to build the ultimate road car? The absolute best in the business in each discipline eg Cosworth for 6.5l V12 normally aspirated engine. Objective: lap at the same speed as an F1 car.  I reckon Newey is after Gordon Murray's crown.....

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

You can imagine how I get on swapping between bikes,not ridden my Tiger this year till today not only it spat its dummy out on the M6 this afternoon I've become far to used to riding around with 160hp being able to put the rest of the world into slow mo  :icon_biggrin:

threepot

Quote from: Chris Canning on April 02, 2017, 11:36:39 PM
You can imagine how I get on swapping between bikes,not ridden my Tiger this year till today not only it spat its dummy out on the M6 this afternoon I've become far to used to riding around with 160hp being able to put the rest of the world into slow mo  :icon_biggrin:
Get rid of 'tigger'. Looks like you've found biking 'nirvana'!! :icon_wink:
Where would we be without the 'Geermans' eh? :icon_smile:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Chris Canning

While it was a major hoo haa yesterday resolved today phewww   :icon_biggrin: and despite doing a couple of hundred miles this morning to CrossGates cafe on the XR still got out on the Tiger this afternoon to find out if all was well  :icon_rolleyes:

While their are all sorts of options out there when it comes to bikes for me the game changer isn't HP or manufacturer but having a quick shifter,yea sure you get pretty good at clutchless gear changes but the beauty of a QS is you keep the throttle open even going away from the lights with minimum gas the speed of how you can run through the box is fantastic and when your nailing it jeeze its a wonder.

Timbox2

Hmmm, got RBW, now I need Q/S............Damn you Canning :icon_lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

The 1050 box is pretty slick but you do have to be positive with it or you can get a false neutral between 4th and 5th, nothing technical, just me being a wuss  :icon_rolleyes:

Depending on who the sub supplier is for the gear linkage, it's with stripping the joints and lever bush for a clean and relub after 15k miles. I started having issues in the last couple of k miles with imprecise changes, when I stripped it down, the original grease was white and dry. A clean up and a couple of dabs of LR swivel grease has brought it back to new operation  :thumbsup I'm mentioning this because I know you put the miles on and the weather doesn't phase you too much  :icon_cool:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint