News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Kin expensive socket

Started by Timbox2, April 10, 2017, 09:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

£34 in fact, 46mm for rear wheel removal. Could have saved a few quid online with a Laser one, but went with BETA, Snap-On type quality and guarantee.

Needed the wheel out of the way so I could get to the 2 screws on top of the inner face of the swingarm there. They hold the Hugger on which Ive bought an extension for.

Aint it clean :icon_biggrin: And yes, before anybody says anything, Ive cleaned the chain properly since, using Chris C's find, WD40 chain cleaner, £2.99 a pop in Aldi's, brilliant stuff, theyve also got nice little cans of WD40 chain wax, ideal for a tank bag.
2016 Tiger Sport

John Stenhouse

Kin Ell, I thought French Citroen shit was bad enough needing 44mm for the rear hubs, 42for the fan on the GS, but even I haven't got a 46
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Timbox2

Quote from: John Stenhouse on April 10, 2017, 11:19:11 PM
Kin Ell, I thought French Citroen shit was bad enough needing 44mm for the rear hubs, 42for the fan on the GS, but even I haven't got a 46

Dont start me on Citroens, I used to work on DS's.
2016 Tiger Sport

threepot

Citroen!! I had an XM once. Lovely ride and handling....when it worked! I remember once,all 4 corners of the car 'raised' up,due to some malfunction with that 'hydrogas'suspension. I then noticed Smoke from the front,and peeing on some connector to put it out! :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

John Stenhouse

Just bought another hydraulic Cit, missed my old BX so much that when one came up in very nice nick, I couldn't resist it
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

nalla

I had my socket machined down to the minimum depth to grab the nut only. I took it with me when I rode form LA to Chicago. Need to keep the weight down. Machined the socket end as well as the 1/2" drive end.