News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dark brake fluid

Started by Timbox2, April 17, 2017, 05:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

This has come up on other forums Im sure but here goes.

Ive had the Tiger Sport a week now, and ok Ive put on nigh on 1000 miles, but the brake fluid in the rear brake reservoir has gone really dark and I know it was normal colour when I picked it up as I made a point of looking at it. There seems to be all sorts of theories but just wondered what the TT massive thought?
I even remember this coming up on a BMW forum a couple of years back, same thing, only the rear?

Edit: Seems I might be talking Bo!!0[ks about it being normal a week ago, Ive just checked some photos I took on collection and in fact it looks pretty dark, so, maybe just needs changing, only 8 months old though still, and the front looks the normal p!!s colour??
2016 Tiger Sport

SteveFord

Is the rear brake dragging?

Timbox2

Quote from: SteveFord on July 08, 2017, 12:47:18 PM
Is the rear brake dragging?

3 months ago mate, I changed the fluid and its been fine since
2016 Tiger Sport