News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SW motech centre stand wobbly!

Started by t4tiger, July 12, 2017, 08:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t4tiger

Hi. I have this stand on my 2003 tiger.  Seems fine but when I put weight on back of bike to raise front end the bike wobbles alarmingly.  I've checked torque according to fitting instructions.  Should it do this? Could it snap? Thanks

John Stenhouse

The stand pivot is built like the Forth Rail bridge, it's huge, shouldnt do that at all.

Are you sure you have the stand from SW Motech? Triumph standard stands tend to do just what you describe.

When you say you checked the bolts, I put nylocs on mine as the standard did work loose
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

t4tiger

Found the cause. The piece that you stand on to put the stand down is so close to the ground that it hits the ground when I push the back end down.  This causes the instability. It is SW motech and looks original with no modification so should be strong enough but a bit of a design flaw I think.

John Stenhouse

Good to know, trust me the SW Motech ones is chalk and cheese to the Triumph one. Chocolate teapot springs to mind
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

t4tiger