News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

what's best for cleaning the black engine parts?

Started by Bull, July 03, 2005, 09:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bull

Hi All

I know I've seen a thread on this somewhere before but no amount of searching will produce results!

Do any of you fellow riders have a suggestion about a good cleaning/polishing/detailing product to keep the black engine parts all nice and shiny?

My tiger is loosing its lustre and needs the motorcycle equivalent of some high-class, call-girl style lip-stick on her engine parts.

TIA ......... Bull
\"Inconsistency is the mark of genius.\"  Emerson

GlenWatt

This stuff works great for me.

Motorex Protect & Shine

http://www.motorexuk.com/info/winter.html

Just keep it off the brake discs   :shock:
Glen

Email - mailto:glen@watt.me.uk\">glen@watt.me.uk  

\"The Aussies call us Boring... we prefer World Champions\"

fastslug

i swear by good old wd40 - cleans, protects and gives a lasting shine on all the black bits. no need to buy anything else! :D/

Bull

I found this stuff at a Harley dealership - it's called ST100 - and it works like the dog's bollox.

If you're engine is looking a wee bit hazey - this stuff is better than excellent.

abell

S100 Engine Brightener. It works very well.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

I used AutoGlym motorcycle cleaner followed by Motorex 645 Protect & shine. My bike looks like new after 27000 miles.

TigerTrax

Buy yourself a can of spray on tire shine ( I use One Touch ) ... about $4 and lasts forever!

SPray on; Dab with a paint brush; Let dry; Lasts several weeks.

Smells good too!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Foxy

Cleaning? What's that all about?

jp4evr

I'm afraid that the dirt might be all that's holding it together at this point.   :lol:
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

Patrick the Scot

I use the tire foam stuff.  Spray on, wipe off. Then I spray on straight silicone that keeps up the high shine.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

ArizonaKid

Wash the bike with soap and water, dry (blow dry nooks and crannies if you have an air compressor) and then mist the motor with good old fashioned Armorall and let it dry without wiping it off.  Leaves a nice clean, shiny surface that lasts a couple weeks.
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger

Silverstripes

Hi

As an alternative to the compressor for drying the bike, Try This:

I use my petrol powered leaf blower. Its a 150MPH hair dryer and gets ride of all the water from all those hard to reach places, including the wiring loom and all bolt heads.

It really does work a treat !!!! :D  :D

Adrian

greg

Scottoiler F365, amazing stuff, safe on everything except brakes and puts a real gloss on things. Makes it easier to wash and clean later. Also biodegrable. Cannot recommend highly enough having used most other things before.
2004 Girly.

looch

Quote from: "fastslug"i swear by good old wd40 - cleans, protects and gives a lasting shine on all the black bits. no need to buy anything else! :D/

I tried that and it made a lot of smoke.
Looch

Bull

looch - try the st100 engine black parts cleaner - it's the best there is ...

(no smoke guarantee)