News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph Birmingham

Started by Chris Canning, December 06, 2017, 01:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Have an email yesterday saying that the above is closing blah blah was trying work out how many dealers Triumph have been through in the area in the last 18 years!!! Can't remember if it's 8 or 9  :icon_rolleyes:

mat-tiger1

Well that was my closest dealer since Stratstone Triumph closed in Wolverhampton!  :icon_frown:
Now it looks like I'll be using Staffordshire Triumph in Stoke. (If they don't shut that down too! :nono)
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Timbox2

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on December 07, 2017, 08:59:07 PM
Well that was my closest dealer since Stratstone Triumph closed in Wolverhampton!  :icon_frown:
Now it looks like I'll be using Staffordshire Triumph in Stoke. (If they don't shut that down too! :nono)

I did get a very good feeling from Staffs when I bought the bike. If things go to plan they may be my local dealer end of next year
2016 Tiger Sport

Nick Calne

How does a city the size of Brum not support a Triumph dealership? That's odd.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chris Canning

Having been out and about today  :icon_rolleyes: and been informed of Triumphs corporate plan i'll Wait till others chime in as and when it becomes public,their relationship with dealers has never been great at the best of times but Jesus they've really excelled e'mselves this time  :icon_eek:

SteveFord

Come to the USA, dealers are bailing like crazy. 

Bixxer Bob

I've seen a worrying trend toward putting bikes in with cars at multi-franchise dealers.  It started with Marshalls Honda in Peterborough.  I wanted plugs and a gasket for my Black bird and the staff genuinely had no clue what I was on about.  They were baffled by the fact that I was doing the work myself.  More recently I visited Lings at Lowestoft (Lings Triumph in Watton, just down the road, are very good mostly) and once again, the bikes are in the car showroom so I think the trend is toward that sort of sales pitch.  After all, they cost more than a lot of cars now..... :icon_mrgreen:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Chris Canning on December 09, 2017, 03:27:13 PM
Having been out and about today  :icon_rolleyes: and been informed of Triumphs corporate plan i'll Wait till others chime in as and when it becomes public,their relationship with dealers has never been great at the best of times but Jesus they've really excelled e'mselves this time  :icon_eek:

Let me guess, are they going for a smaller number of super-dealerships? Concentrating their efforts on dealers that have 'delivered the goods' in new sales & service over the years and cutting out the ones that only make marginal profits?  :icon_rolleyes:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Chris Canning

Triumph Birmingham were the 5th best selling dealer in the UK.

Ever since Triumph lost their nerve with the Explorer and had a mad remodel just before production started i've Always viewed Triumph with great suspicion when it comes to corporate decisions what My informant tells me they have in the pipe line confirms that suspicion so if your in guessing mode i'd Be more radical(a lot).

Nick Calne

In my experience with similar companies, it's normally pretty murky with a fair amount of sneakiness all round.  Competence / doing something sensible is usually something of an optional extra.

Still, Triumph have done amazingly well since their rebirth, lets hope it continues.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Timbox2

2016 Tiger Sport