News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

wilbers install

Started by abruzzi, December 15, 2017, 01:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

Just curious for those that installed a wilbers shock on their 955, if your included them, where did you mount the remote preload and where did you mount the reservoir?

Looking at it, and the bike, it seems like preload adjuster would probably mount to one of the bars on the rear, left side peg hangar.  The reservoir is mounting is less clear.  I bought some rubber pieces to make it easier to mount, but I'm still curious where others mounted it:

Timbox2

On my Ally wheel Tiger, here: This was Wilbers suggestion but in the end I thought the reservoir was a bit close to exhaust, so I moved it under the seat in 3rd photo

2016 Tiger Sport

abruzzi

Awesome.  Thanks for the pics.  The first two were pretty much exactly what I was thinking but, like you, I was worried the reservoir near the exhaust might be a problem.  The reality is that will be a mostly set and forget adjustment so out-of-the-way is fine for the reservoir.

Timbox2

Quote from: abruzzi on December 15, 2017, 05:55:04 AM
Awesome.  Thanks for the pics.  The first two were pretty much exactly what I was thinking but, like you, I was worried the reservoir near the exhaust might be a problem.  The reality is that will be a mostly set and forget adjustment so out-of-the-way is fine for the reservoir.

Think it was Chris C who pointed out to me it may get a bit Hot and Bothered next to the can
2016 Tiger Sport