News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Royal Enfield Himalayan

Started by London_Phil, February 06, 2018, 07:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee337

Had an XTZ750 Super Tenere many moons ago. only about 70bhp & similar riding position to a Tiger. Tested a Suzuki V-Strom in early 2003 but still preferred the XTZ, although the V-Strom was a little more up to date.

But i wanted an experience & riding position similar to my old XTZ but more up to date & reliable. The Tiger 955i seemed to fit the bill (although I wouldn't mind an XT660 just for the odd trip off-road).

As for the REH, I've got an old mountain bike in the back of the garage somewhere, think I'd prefer that.  :icon_mrgreen:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Timbox2

I can confirm Chris's XT dont hang about, I once tried to keep up on a K1300GT on the back roads of mid wales, if there was a big straight I could reel him in, but in the twistys he was gone again :icon_lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

orange99

Back to the Royal Enfield - is this the model that has a 2000 mile service interval or is that their "Cafe Racer"?
2011 Yamaha TDM900                                                   2018 Tiger Sport
2008 Yamaha XJR1300

London_Phil

I Think Its 6000 miles between services.

I Suspect a lot of the "I'll never ride one " sentiment comes from the people who have never actually ridden one, a bit like the Harley haters.....
I'm sure its not the answer to everyone's prayers, and if I wanted a motorway daily driver, I wouldn't buy one, but I've seen two in London, and got the thumbs up from both riders.
They seem to be liked for there offroading too.
If I get to the stage where I struggle with the dead weight of the 800, this could be a real contender for me, mind you, the new interceptor is a fine looking bike.
Pays yer money etc..
I actually dislike the look of the Triumph Scrambler, but I bet its a cracking ride..

Chris Canning

Quote from: London_Phil on October 31, 2018, 12:28:51 PM

I'm sure its not the answer to everyone's prayers

You are not kidding  :icon_biggrin:

orange99

I just checked and  from the bennetts insurance review  you need to have the valves checked every 3000 miles to keep the warranty although general servicing is every 6000 miles.

I guess what we need to remember is that it is being pitched against the 300cc models from Japan and Germany, not bikes for £9k +

Quote from: London_Phil on October 31, 2018, 12:28:51 PM

I Suspect a lot of the "I'll never ride one " sentiment comes from the people who have never actually ridden one, a bit like the Harley haters.....
I'm sure its not the answer to everyone's prayers, and if I wanted a motorway daily driver, I wouldn't buy one, but I've seen two in London, and got the thumbs up from both riders.
They seem to be liked for there offroading too.
If I get to the stage where I struggle with the dead weight of the 800, this could be a real contender for me, mind you, the new interceptor is a fine looking bike.
Pays yer money etc..
I actually dislike the look of the Triumph Scrambler, but I bet its a cracking ride..
2011 Yamaha TDM900                                                   2018 Tiger Sport
2008 Yamaha XJR1300