News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

France

Started by HockleyBoy, June 29, 2018, 02:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockleyBoy

Nice Day trip yesterday, a quick run down to Dover for the Ferry at 8.25 met up with some friends on bikes (two Harleys and a Bonny), had breakfast onboard and then over to Calais.

We picked up the D127 at Calais and followed it all the way down to Montreuil where we had a leisurely lunch in the town square. The D127 is a nice scenic ride although sections have just been tarred and chipped and worth a look f you are in the area.

After that we stopped in Le Touquet, then followed the D940 up through Boulogne and along the coast back to Calais for the ferry home.

More food on the ferry and then a quick blast back up to Essex helped by empty roads while the football was on.

All in all a very enjoyable day with great weather helped by the fact that the Tiger ran perfectly all the way!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Timbox2

Nice one mate, but what do you expect with such a low mileage bike :icon_salut:
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Sounds like a bloody good day out to me ,reckon you should write to Bloor asking if they want to buy it back!! Surely there can't be many more out there with that kind of mileage does it burn oil!

HockleyBoy

A very good day for £20 return on the ferry, a tank or so of fuel and some food money!

They would probably give me about £3.50 for it!

It loses a little, Some burnt and some from the seal behind front sprocket which I will replace when I get a minute but not much considering the mileage. I top up roughly a  quarter of a pint every 700 - 800 miles or so I think. It has always been the same, dosent seem to have got worse with mileage apart from the oil seal.

Changed the oil, plugs and filter last week and the engine is the smoothest I have ever known it, just need to sort out the clutch sticking. As I have invested in new discs and a few other bits she is a keeper so I bought a Surflex clutch kit but haven't had a chance to fit it yet.

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport