News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HIGHEST MILAGE?

Started by Dick Boyer, July 15, 2005, 05:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Boyer

OK, who out there in the real world has the most milage on a Tiger? Be honest. My 04 now has 26,000kms but thats nothing.

BykBoy

30,282 Miles on my 01. I rode all of them except for the first 900...
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

NortonCharlie

My 01 955i Tiger has about 57,500 miles.  The 1st 2,300 miles were from the previous owner
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Foxy

My 99 has just short on 37,000 miles, mostly put on over the past two years.

PeterO

'97 Steamer had 93,000 miles on it when I swapped it for an '05 lest year.

Peter

jp4evr

I'll weigh in at 36k and change... just breakin' her in.  :D
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

Mudhen

Quote from: "PeterO"'97 Steamer had 93,000 miles on it when I swapped it for an '05 lest year.

Peter

:shock:

Schwing!  I hope to get that kind of mileage out of mine!!

I'm at 25k miles...I've put on all but the first 22k. :wink:
\'96 Steamer

Dick Boyer

Wow. Peter o, 97,000 miles on a 97. Don't think anyone will beat that. Congrats.

PeterO

Quote from: "Dick Boyer"Wow. Peter o, 97,000 miles on a 97. Don't think anyone will beat that. Congrats.

No... 93, that's Ninety Three, thousand.

It had a major engine rebuild at about 30,000 ISTR.   For some reason the inside of the sump plate had been sprayed with paint.  This eventually flaked off and blocked the oil strainer (not the filter) and the result was a new crank and bearings, one new conrod.  It ran fine for another 60,000 miles and I only swapped it because it was starting to look a bit "rough".

Peter O

Dick Boyer

floyd_england

21,350 on a '96 steamer, I put the last 350 odd miles on at the weekend, having picked the bike up on Friday afternoon  :D

I'm 'converted', why did I waste so much of my biking life riding sportsbikes????
Floyd,

\'84 GPz900R

\'96 Tiger

PeterO

Quote from: "floyd_england"21,350 on a '96 steamer, I put the last 350 odd miles on at the weekend, having picked the bike up on Friday afternoon  :D
It's just about run in then :wink:

QuoteI'm 'converted', why did I waste so much of my biking life riding sportsbikes????
No good asking us that... We're all converts !

Peter O

cagi

what about 77.000 on a 99 885carb model although burnt a exhaust vale out on my way back from rome still made it home though.

I rebuilt the head myself when i got back no problems for 400 miles then for some unknown reason a conrod bolt came loose (wern't me gov didn't touch that part)so took it to triumph-ant for recon engine and a 3 spoke convertion

Mudhen

Quote from: "cagi"what about 77.000 on a 99 885carb model although burnt a exhaust vale out on my way back from rome still made it home though.

I rebuilt the head myself when i got back no problems for 400 miles then for some unknown reason a conrod bolt came loose (wern't me gov didn't touch that part)so took it to triumph-ant for recon engine and a 3 spoke convertion

A '99 carb bike?  Never heard of one of those before...
\'96 Steamer

TigerTrax

'98 Steamer ---- 55,000 miles!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'