News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rider training day in West Oz

Started by CaptureTheBeer, December 22, 2018, 01:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptureTheBeer

G'day all,

Recently got to attend some rider training at Barbagallo Raceway,  courtesy of work.

The girly handled it well, despite being one of the oldest bikes there, that and running 50/50 tyres. Actually the motoz tractinators held up superbly, only scaring me once when I'd been over enthusiastic on the main straight and locking up the rear whilst shooting through my breaking mark (there was enough fat in it to recover).

Only one accident for the day where another rider on a 250 put their bike shiney side down at 80kmph.  They were fine where they were wearing proper gear, but their knee left a 25m long streak on the tarmac (normal jeans).  We luckly had some first aid gear on some of the bikes and one of the riders was a paramedic so we looked after them until the ambo arrived with the magic green whistle.

It was a great day run by the stay upright group, which helped me to identify and start to correct some bad habits I've got on the bike.

Cheers Dan

ssevy

Sounds like fun! Here in the States, I think the potential for lawsuits has most track day organizations requiring leather or other track approved gear from head to toe before they let you on the track. That was my experience. Surprised that isn't the case in Australia as well.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Madruss

Had a run around there with the Falcon GT Nationals in '07
Sounds like you had a good day out  :icon_biggrin:
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!