News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ECU check

Started by Lee337, January 03, 2019, 12:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee337

This may be a silly question, but how do you check an ECU?

I was given a spare when I bought the bike (2006 model) last year but I've no idea if it's ok. I have TuneECU so is it as simple as removing the existing one from the bike ( which is working fine, I just want to check the spare) & connecting up the spare to check it or am I missing something?
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Timbox2

Cant think of any other way, I know Bixxer (John) messed about with spare ECU's so maybe he can give tips, I believe the base ECU was shared with other bikes so you need to make sure it has a Tiger map loaded before you run the bike
2016 Tiger Sport

Lee337

Yep, checking the map was one of the things I wanted to do, as well as check that it was working.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Chris Canning

Do a search Bixxer posted loads about 'Bricking' an ECU.

Bixxer Bob

Late to the party but yes,  just swap them on the bike, turn ign on BUT DONT START IT till you've checked which map is in it.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Lee337

Thanks for the info, checked the spare, it has the Tiger TOR map on it & works fine.

Nice to know I have a spare if ever I need one.  :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

Cool! Glad you're sorted!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

the slow heart

Do you use latest TuneECU version for checking?

I got the current but still can not connect to the ECU ( mine is pre vin 885i ).

Lee337

I have the latest Android version of Tune ECU on a Hudl tablet, but tend to use an old Windows version on a laptop.

The reason being, any time it updates, I need to have Wi-Fi access to reconfirm the licence & my garage is just outside of the house Wi-Fi range.

Last time I used the Android version, I moved the bike to outside the kitchen window, but it's a pain if I'm working in the garage to have to move it.