News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hey all, i'm back on the road again...

Started by BP_LONDON, July 17, 2005, 12:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP_LONDON

Only took 15 weeks to heal my broken wrist. :roll:

How are you all doing?

I still don't have compensation from the accident as the investigation has not even started after the MiB received the the case papers 4+ months ago. I had to save up a little money so as I could get back on a bike and went with a Yellow and black 10k miles '02 K2 DL-1000 v-Strom in the end. Picked it up today for a very very good price (£3600) and I could not be happier with the machine.

I really loved my Tiger 955i, but being the kind of person who I am I decided to try something new, at least until Triumph properly update the Tiger.

The 'Strom feels much lighter as it's a little lower and more maneuverable. It's v-twin engine seems to be about the same in performance as the Tiger, and I think the Tiger has a more Torque. The 955i is also definitely smoother and creamier, but then again I really like the Vibes from the DL1000 engine. The Strom seems to accelerate much faster and with more purpose than the tiger, and the engine revs a little more freely. There really is not much between them and I'd say the 955i definitely wins out over the v-twin.

I like the adjustable hydraulic clutch and light controls of the DL, maybe because the Tiger controls were unajustable and very heavy....I also prefer the Tubeless tyres on the DL, but I know the 04 tigers have the alloy wheels.

The DL fairing (tupperware) and screen alows for a smoother ride than the tiger screen. The K2 screen is unajustable, but I found no buffeting at all at all speeds up to about 105mph (did not go faster today). I'm using an Arai Tour X helmet and I'm around 6.1 or 6.2.

Fuel consumption is definitely lower than the Tiger, but I always suspected my Tiger was a little too thirsty. I can't give exact MPG figures yet. As far as I remember from old reviews the 955i tends to be the most fuel economical in it's class - I'll find out.

A last thing I noticed today: It's very comfortable and easy to stand up and ride on the DL, with it's lower pegs. I always found it a little uncomfortable to stand and ride on the tiger, but then again, how often do we stand and ride?

Brock

Welcome back mate...at least I'm still here.

By the way...mate of mine has a V strom and she loves it. She's had fuelling probs though...fortunateley still in warranty.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

GlenWatt

Welcome back on the road m8.

Great to hear your wounds have healed.

Sounds like a good deal on the V-Strom.

Hope you enjoy it.
Glen

Email - mailto:glen@watt.me.uk\">glen@watt.me.uk  

\"The Aussies call us Boring... we prefer World Champions\"

echoyankee

Heyyy!

I remember that post of your, uhm, incident a while back.

Good to hear that you're back on two wheels.  

Strong work!

Best,

echoyankee