News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2005 Tiger - Newbie Question after riding home.

Started by british2ca, July 19, 2005, 11:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

british2ca

Hello all from Northern California.

Picked Tiger up in S Cal on Saturday and rode her back to SF Bay Area. Fabulous, but bloody hot! (108F in the central valley). Thank heaven for mesh jackets and cooling jackets...

Anyway, love the bike. Lucifer Orange of course! One thing noticed though was what I would consider excessive mirror vibration - anything above 65mph and identifying stuff behind is a real challenge. Headlights become nice little rotating circles.

Common issue? Suggestions? Is this normal?

Thank you, as ever, in advance.

Simon

2003 Bonneville T100

2005 Tiger

Kill Switch

My 1999 does it, but then in the immortal words of the quintessential Italian race car driver, "Never worry about what's behind you".   :lol:

PaulBerg

I have an '05 and the mirrrors are pretty clear. Have you checked the handle bar end weights are tight ?

Paul

Mine are pretty clear up to about 5000 rpm now. I bought new in 2002 and I've noticed that over the miles they get better as the motor wears in. They are never (26000 miles never) totally clear at higher speeds though.

british2ca

Thanks for the tips - will check the bar-ends, ride some more miles and stop worrying :-). Seriously, those are good answers and I am glad nobody came back with anything more serious.

Did notice that it was a lot easier to leave things behind on the Tiger than it is on my Bonnie!

NortonCharlie

I had some extra vibration in my bars after one of my service checks at the dealer.  I had the off road exhaust and they had loaded the tune for the standard pipe.  I went back and had them reload the tune and the vibration went away.

But like everyone else said the bike smoothed out with some extra miles, at 58,000 and going strong
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando