News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

london ulez zone.

Started by Bostedsprocket, October 16, 2019, 07:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bostedsprocket

Anybody know what the nox emissions are on a girly?   :icon_scratch:
If its got titts or wheels it'll give ya trouble!!!

Chris Canning

HockleyBoy is the person to speak too but he's looking for another bike because.....

HockleyBoy

The Girly (before 05) dosent meet the emissions regulation just because of year of manufacture. You can apply to Triumph for confirmation that it meets Euro 3 and then apply for dispensation for your individual bike I believe. All seems like a lot of work!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bostedsprocket

yeah it does seem a hassle, I was only wondering as I know the low emission thing is coming to brum next year, as that's a bit close to home I was looking at possible options other than new bike. bloody government makes everything hard. :BangHead

Chris Canning

Bit of a strange one really because for the last 50 years i've Described Birmingham city centre as a 'Shit Hole' but in recent years rather grudgingly I have to admit it's come on in leaps and bounds god knows where the money has come from but risk parking a bike there?? Errr that's a no 2 of our 6 bikes will be ok to go into to town and a recently acquired van but non of our cars will be and my money will be car parks springing up on the edge of the ring road for us poor soles who can't afford either a new or electric car.

HockleyBoy

For Birmingham a lot will depend on whether they do a blanket charge based on year of registration or whether they do it more sensibly on manufacturer declared emissions in which case a cast wheel tiger would be exempt.

Any way mines got to go regardless as you may have seen in the bikes for sale section!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bostedsprocket

Quote from: HockleyBoy on October 17, 2019, 10:23:31 PM
For Birmingham a lot will depend on whether they do a blanket charge based on year of registration or whether they do it more sensibly on manufacturer declared emissions in which case a cast wheel tiger would be exempt.

Any way mines got to go regardless as you may have seen in the bikes for sale section!
What you going for next?

HockleyBoy

I am between a 1050 Sport and a 1200 Explorer at the moment, depends what turns up over the next few days that fits my budget, is new enough and has low enough mileage. Hopefully its the right time of year as sales slow a bit towards winter so prices drop a little.

Chris Canning

For the miles you do i'd Never go shaft drive in a million years despite having two bikes with such where as you can be back to brand new with chain and sprockets for 150 quid.

Just a shame there's no 1050 Sport with a 5 gallon tank.

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Chris Canning on October 21, 2019, 08:39:06 PM
For the miles you do i'd Never go shaft drive in a million years despite having two bikes with such where as you can be back to brand new with chain and sprockets for 150 quid.

Just a shame there's no 1050 Sport with a 5 gallon tank.

Worth bearing in mind but I am drawn to the Explorer XRT at the moment, I like the gadgets (I know that means more to go wrong!) and there are some good deals on pretty new bikes.

Do you know of any specific Explorer issues with the shaft drive or is the mileage concern general?

Chris Canning

Shaft drive period when things start to wear then it turns into an expensive hassle re the gadgets with 6 bikes on the go ranging from Stone Age to fairly modern the latest stuff is geared up for one thing and that's bail out when the warranty does the thought of you doing what you have done with your 955's forget it or bee very lucky.

That's why I look at the 1050 Sport it's one of the last of the dinosaurs with very few gizmos to burn you too the ground financially it's one set of rules for folks like me who have a nice day out like today and put the bike away in the bad weather but for your lot in the SE it's either PCP and bail every two years it's something older for the long haul or both  :icon_biggrin:

HockleyBoy

Agree with you Chris, I know the sensible thing to do is buy something cheaper that I can put 100k miles on over the next five year and then write off but equally if you ride every day whatever the weather some of the comforts are nice. For example I have loved my Tigers but the bloody screens have been a nightmare, never really happy and my hearing is not what it was after a couple of hundred thousand miles despite trying various screens earplugs and helmets. Whereas the electrically adjustable barn door on the explorer would probably solve the problem!

I have been looking at resale values and whatever I buy, after 12 months I am f*&%d as a bike with over 20k on it appears to be worth bugger all, on the other hand I can buy a 2 year old explorer with full luggage and all the bells and whistles and 12k on the clock for less than 9 grand.

Might let my heart rule my head this time but it will depend on what turns up.

London_Phil

I hope you get a good deal on something, but remember, the Tiger forum is worth more than a few measly pounds of some other product...

Chris Canning

My current food chain starting from the top is.

KTMGT
S1000XR
K1200r Sport
Tiger 955
1100s
XT660X

I get where your coming from with joining the 21st century  :icon_lol: but anyone wanting to join the bike trade as a mechanic I use the word advisedly better be good with software because i'm Starting to see horror stories with my top 2 when they see shitty weather here's hoping the 1200 Tiger is better because how you or what means you use to diagnose your technical glitch seems all the craze.

HockleyBoy

Interesting even the S1000XR may not weather well as that was the other bike on my list! Have been looking at reviews of explorers and sports but haven't seen anything too bad but then I don't know how many get properly ridden. Did see one explorer owner with 100k miles on one forum where the shaft drive had just gone at 100,500 and it was repaired under extended warranty so that may be a wise investment.

Basically I need to get around 5 years out of any bike I buy and as long as its reliable and I am prepared to accept it will be worth nothing at the end of 5 years its just a matter of how much I am prepared to pay each year.

Oh well I will just have to keep looking!