News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The new Tiger 900 engine

Started by Ossian, January 04, 2020, 10:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

:iagree

I think they are missing out massively in the Asian markets, a 400 makes total sense. Never did hear what the end story of the Indian built 250 project was.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

The Chinese have made a scaled down rip off of the AT which will appeal to a lot of them...

https://www.rideapart.com/news/489876/suspiciously-familiar-dahaidao-500-gs-adv/
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

2016 Tiger Sport

ghulst

Quote from: Timbox2 on February 26, 2021, 08:35:41 AM
39 litres fuel capacity!!!

For a range of 1000(!!!) kilometers.  :icon_eek: I don't know about anyone here, but I will have needed a bath room break before I empty that tank...
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

blacktiger

Quote from: ghulst on February 26, 2021, 02:54:27 PM

For a range of 1000(!!!) kilometers.  :icon_eek: I don't know about anyone here, but I will have needed a bath room break before I empty that tank...

It must have a seat like this as well.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

That looks very interesting, any of the big names could claim they've been ripped off, the only question would be who was ripped off first  :mut

I have to admit to looking at both the Benelli and CF Moto 1200 tourers, I think Triumph really shot themselves in the foot there (I'd like to shoot mine  :icon_rolleyes:) I don't care what the sales figures told them.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

The Benelli is heavy and underpowered.  Nice to look at but you'd have a leisurely ride.

The CF Moto 1200, I'm not sure if it's coming to the UK, I thought it was primarily for Police forces in the Asian market.  The CF Moto 650 adventure is a nice bike though.  A couple of places local to me sell them.  Light, well made and enough power, 60bhp,  to be useful.

https://www.cfmoto.co.uk/product-page/650mt
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

The 650 is the licensed ER6 engine, I seriously looked at the TR but there don't come up often and sell for a lot more than you'd think.

Anyway, what is going on with this 850 Sport  :icon_scratch:

blacktiger

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 26, 2021, 10:35:36 PM
That looks very interesting, any of the big names could claim they've been ripped off, the only question would be who was ripped off first  :mut

I have to admit to looking at both the Benelli and CF Moto 1200 tourers, I think Triumph really shot themselves in the foot there (I'd like to shoot mine  :icon_rolleyes:) I don't care what the sales figures told them.

Aprilia or Ducati are good options if you want a 1200 AdvTourer.

blacktiger

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 27, 2021, 09:41:02 PM
Anyway, what is going on with this 850 Sport  :icon_scratch:

God knows. It was widely slated on the Triumph FB feed when they announced it. i.e. How can they call it a "Sport" when it's a detuned 900 engine? And, it's not sufficiently cheaper than the 900s to make it appealing. And, if they wanted an entry level Tiger they could've put the new 660 engine in the 900 frame. And on it goes.......

Sin_Tiger

:iagree confusing, I have no idea what they were thinking, just dilutes the model image in my opinion.

ghulst

Quote from: blacktiger on February 28, 2021, 11:03:12 AM
Aprilia or Ducati are good options if you want a 1200 AdvTourer.

Now you get me started. I am not planning on parting with my Tiger, but I saw this really nice Ducati 1260 Enduro...

blacktiger

Quote from: ghulst on March 01, 2021, 03:26:51 PM

Now you get me started. I am not planning on parting with my Tiger, but I saw this really nice Ducati 1260 Enduro...

I know a couple of people that ride with my local TOMCC group that have the 1200 Mutleys. They seem to like them. For me, I don't like the way they look. At all. And it's not a Triumph. And it's not a Tiger.

ghulst

LOL, those last things make sense. However, I love the looks of the 1260 Enduro more than the regular 1200. And it is pretty narrow between the legs. Still need to ride one though. ;)

Bixxer Bob

Before you consider Ducati, ask the dealer if you can see their recall directory.  The last 5 volumes should do.  You don't so much own a Duc as join their product development team.

I'm currently working on a on exhaust flap valve from a Multistrada.  It's cleverly designed to retain all the water and crap thrown up by the front wheel so that it seizes solid the week after the warranty runs out. Better still (for Ducati) it's welded to the catalytic converter, so you have to replace that as well.

Designed for the Italian summer, not a UK winter.