News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A question about your nuts...

Started by Nick Calne, April 05, 2020, 06:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Disc bolts are fine to re-use so long as you torque them correctly and locktite them in.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

I don't mind re-using bolts I've ridden with and removed myself. I would NEVER buy used disc bolts though  :nono
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

London_Phil

More likely to fubar the head getting them out...

ssevy

Sorry for the really late comment, but since folks dig up these older threads while searching...

I often use a dab of grinding compound on the tips of bits and screwdrivers when trying to get out fasteners that I know will be apt to round out. For an allen head, I put it just on the sides and not the tip, so that when I tap it in with a hammer it fully seats. The micro grains of the compound seem to bite into the surfaces of the flanks of the bit/fastener while taking up that really tiny gap that lets the bit bypass the flanks and run out. The careful tapping in of the bit with the hammer is absolutely key to the whole endeavor.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Madruss

1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!