News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

bypassing ignition switch while waiting for new part

Started by tigergotcha, June 15, 2020, 08:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigergotcha

Ignition switch on my 2006 Girly needs a replacement... I resoldered it twice in recent years, this time I will opt for a replacement. While waiting for the new part I'd like to use the bike for minor trips in secure places.

I have a bracelet waterproof 12v switch (rated 20A, bought for auxiliary lights) I could convert for this purpose. The key switch does have three positions (running, off/default, parking lights), so I expected to find four wires at maximum coming out from the ignition switch connector going to the key switch. But they are more :icon_scratch:

I also noted (main harness side) that there are two thicker power wire (12V+), one is brown, the second pink
I just need to run the bike (never used parking lights  :icon_mrgreen:)

Which power wire (brown one or pink one) to connect to which colour wire(s) through my bracelet switch?

Thanks in advance for any tip...

tigergotcha

Bixxer Bob

Maybe you needto up your soldering skills 😄

Apologies for the lack of replies😉 I'll be keeping an eye, out for questions now...
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Brian R

Which end are you soldering and how do you get into the switch without damaging it ?