Author Topic: Tabitha 1200  (Read 966 times)

February 20, 2021, 06:42:50 PMReply #75 on

Offline Lee337 (OP)

• Leopard
  • Activity Meter:
    7.11%
  • nOObie(ish)
    • My Triumphs & Me
  • Bike model currently owned: 2006 Tiger 955i, 1993 Triumph Trophy
Couldn't resist it. Went in to the garage, mainly to do some work on the car, which had had a little visit from a mouse. Peanuts in the air intake and a nice little nest under the battery box, made from pieces of the bonnet sound proofing material. All in the space of 1 week. He/she's been a busy bugger.

Anyway, I've had the brakes in situ on the bike for some time minus the pads. So ended up taking the callipers off (there's no
fluid in the brake system yet as I've replaced the brake lines), fitting the brake pads, with copious amounts of copper grease on the pins and some brake grease on the back of the pads. Then the callipers were refitted & everything tightened up. I won't torque them properly until I put the wheels back on, which are still sitting on the bench, minus the tyres, waiting for lockdown to allow me to take them over to a business 15 miles away for a clean & powder coating.

Still haven't decided whether to stick with the original silver, or go for satin black.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

February 21, 2021, 01:18:07 AMReply #76 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    9.33%
  • Max the Moderator
  • Bike model currently owned: Trophy SE - renamed Rhoda the Corroda
Another colour option is the Graphite metallic that they used on the 96-98 models. They pick their locations don't they, I don't think Triumph ever offered branded mousetraps  :icon_lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

February 21, 2021, 12:23:38 PMReply #77 on

Offline Lee337 (OP)

• Leopard
  • Activity Meter:
    7.11%
  • nOObie(ish)
    • My Triumphs & Me
Worth looking in to the Graphite metallic, never considered that but will have to see the colour in the flesh.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

February 21, 2021, 05:40:50 PMReply #78 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    9.33%
  • Max the Moderator
Not great lighting but you get the idea

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

February 22, 2021, 07:54:21 PMReply #79 on

Offline ghulst

• Administrator
  • Leopard
  • Activity Meter:
    6.89%
  • Roar!
    • arnehulstein.nl
  • Bike model currently owned: Triumph Tiger 800 XC '12
Yep,  I think the idea is that these need some work as well. ;)
Triumph Tiger 800XC '12 and a 1994 Ducati 600 SuperSport. - Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993

February 22, 2021, 09:06:46 PMReply #80 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    9.33%
  • Max the Moderator
They've been done but I can't get to the Powder Coater to collect them, I'll let you see how they turned out when I can.

February 22, 2021, 11:42:38 PMReply #81 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    9.33%
  • Max the Moderator
Something you might want to consider if you haven't already. Changing the valve stems to 90 deg type  ;)

February 23, 2021, 12:10:57 PMReply #82 on

Offline Lee337 (OP)

• Leopard
  • Activity Meter:
    7.11%
  • nOObie(ish)
    • My Triumphs & Me
Have these on my Tiger, so the thought crossed my mind, given how much easier it is to check the tyre pressures.

I've heard stories of them ripping out at high speeds, but as I'm not planning on doing any track days, I don't suppose the small difference in mass between standard ones & angled ones would make any difference.

February 24, 2021, 01:45:36 PMReply #83 on

Offline Sin_Tiger

• I have the POWER !
  • Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    9.33%
  • Max the Moderator
I've not heard of that and can't see that there would be a measurable difference compared to straight stems.  :icon_scratch: It all comes down to the quality in the end.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal