News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sorting out my passenger handles

Started by ghulst, March 05, 2021, 09:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Quote from: ghulst on March 11, 2021, 10:45:38 PM
I rode it through a strong gale today, with wind gusts up to 70Mph. Not funny when they come from the side, I can tell you that.

You should try east of the Andes where Nigel and I had trouble holding our bikes up when stopped. We ended the day early because it was just so dangerous. Wish we hadn't because the hotel/motel we chose was like the Bates Motel.  :bug_eye
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: blacktiger on March 11, 2021, 11:28:33 PM
You should try east of the Andes where Nigel and I had trouble holding our bikes up when stopped. We ended the day early because it was just so dangerous. Wish we hadn't because the hotel/motel we chose was like the Bates Motel.  :bug_eye

Ten years ago that might have been something of a challenge, nowadays crossing the Forth Road Bridge in a gale to stay at an Air BnB booked by Stenhouse Travel Inc. is about my limit  ;)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil

Back to the matter at hand(les)

If its just a cosmetic tart up, then any number of metal sprays can be used.

I use Pro cote quick silver for some things,
https://www.aerosolsolutions.co.uk/product/pro-cote-quick-silver/

I generally find Pro cote is a good brand, but if its going to be used as an anchoring/tie-off handle, only some kind of hard coating is likely to stand the test.
I must say, although my handles are not corroded like yours, they are a really odd colour compared with any part of the bike.
They seem to have gone an odd green/grey/silver colour, and it does look odd.

I don't take pillion or generally tie off luggage, so I will probably spray them with a more pleasing shade..

I might match my Tank

https://www.aerosolsolutions.co.uk/product/pro-cote-tool-orange/

Listen to me, all fashionable like......

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: London_Phil on March 14, 2021, 04:26:07 PM
Back to the matter at hand(les)

Listen to me, all fashionable like......

I see what you did there  :icon_rolleyes: and that's what happens when you've been married a long time  :augie

I think you're right, powder coat is probably the best option but I have to say I also like the Paracord lacing even if it looks a bit "Preppy"  :kboom
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst

Just to get back to this topic, it has not become hammer(ite) time. I managed to find a good looking set of grab handles online just last week. Immediately snapped up the set for a decent price. So, that is something to mount on the bike soon to make it look better. :)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

ghulst

London_Phil

Makes a big difference, but the oem colour just doesn't  work with any of the silver/greys anywhere else on the bike. Might do mine Orange to match the tank, or a match to Frame.

Sin_Tiger

Can't quite make it out, is that just from scuffing?

ghulst

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on June 08, 2021, 06:43:08 PM
Can't quite make it out, is that just from scuffing?
No, I was able to secure a set of pretty nice bars for a decent price.

@Phil I do agree on the color. Not really impressed with it. I guess this is how they were originally, but the finish does feel like a bit of a mismatch. Not impressed, but at least they look better. ;)