News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

abell badly hurt

Started by zombie, August 08, 2005, 02:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombie

Adam Bell is a frequent contributor here and saturday was out for a ride with a group of fellow triumph riders when a 75 year old lady driving a volvo decided to turn left in front of the bikes and then hit the brakes.

Adam had nowhere to go and hit the passenger door of the volvo.

End result Adam was airlifted to a local hospital in connecticut where he is in ICU

He has multiple fractures , two broken ankles , fractured Jaw and torn ligaments in his left leg.

Sunday he made a slight improvement and the doctors were able to get circulation back into his left leg , he is still on a breathing machine his jaw is wired shut and will be in ICU for 2 weeks before he will be able to moved back to Boston .

Looks like he will be out of work for 6 months and has a long road ahead of him

I have known Adam for a couple of years now and he has brightened up everyone's life that have met him . Adam is a transplant from ol' blighty over to the colonies and is recently married

I will update this thread and Adam's condition this evening and will post Adam's adddress at the hospital so anyone who wants to send him a card can do so and to help lift his spirits somewhat.

later Mick

52blackshadow

Sorry to hear the news! It just goes to show how easily these things can happen!

Hope the recovery is quicker and more complete than you expect. We'll be thinking of Adam, please keep us posted.

Shadow.
Ride safe!!!!!

BykBoy

It's always bad when a rider goes down, worse wehn it's someone you know, and absulutly sucks when it happens to you...

Get well soon!
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

fastslug

i don't think there is anything left to be said regarding volvo drivers, so my regards to adam and hope for a speedy recovery, also thoughts are with his family.

BigDave

Damn.

Heal up Adam. We hope things work out for ya.  :)

Mudhen

Wow, that's horrible news.  Hope you make a full speedy recovery, Adam...and if you've got the address of the volvo driver let me know...I'm fairly local and it has been awhile since I've put a whoopin on a 70+ year old woman...

Pat
\'96 Steamer

Brock

What can I say but please let Adam know everyone on the site is thinking of him. Do keep us updated on his progress.

Like they say..."life's a bitch then one pulls out in front of you..."
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

apache

Get well soon Adam. Volvos? Oh no, there are hundreds here on the road. Die Yuppie scum.