News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Future of Tiger 850 Sport & 900 GT!

Started by Giemelos, May 20, 2023, 01:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giemelos

I ask you urgently to solve and highlight from the entire forum here for owners and future Tiger candidates of this cubic capacity as I mentioned.
:wheel
The Tiger 1200 models for the top speed cutter while for the Tiger 850 & 900 the humiliatingly low horsepower and torque which are bad and of course the top speed cutter at 205 km/h for this engine as well.

On behalf of the thousands of members of the Greek Tiger Club and the Greek triumph club and the presidents who gave me their official approval, and I as their representative have been discussing this issue on social media and zooming in on the cameras for some time.
I ask for everyone's help because I love what I do.
I also sent to the Greek spare parts sales agency (ELIOFIL A.E.) of Triumph Hellas and the vice president of the Greek motorcycle dealership immediately replied that he sent them immediately and drowned them in this issue that afflicts thousands of Tiger fans prospective buyers and non-buyers.

But the Greek clubs also sent us an official letter to the central administration of triumph in Hinkley and (we were referred to a kind of ball): Banghead i.e. standard answers where we communicated them to the boards and members of the Greek clubs and they read it and became furious! : icon_mad:
We need your help and solidarity, my brothers! : icon_salut:
Everything you need we are here for you and our favorite model deserves to shine again :XXsunsmile as in the past here in my country and abroad as it deserves!
It is up to all of us to ask for this engine to be radically renewed by the relevant department the 888cc engine and for the final speed limiters to be removed on both models.
Honorary member of the Central Committee and official representative on behalf of the 2 Greek clubs and the 1.Association of Greek Triumph owners (and as also 2.Greek Tiger Club ) and fanatical members is based in Athens numbering about 15000 + members and throughout Greece.

Giemelos

The Council of both our clubs here in Greece decided immediately to send unanimously today even to the R & D departments (Hinkley), Thousands of our fanatical fans were delighted to be accepted while they created terrible traffic jams in the central offices of our Tiger Clubs in Piraeus and Athens came with banners and with thousands of motorcycles to tie their opposition to the apathy of the company to upgrade the montela Tiger 1200 for the final speed cutter while for the Tiger 850 & 900 the evolutionarily low subpodyma and ropas which are and of course the cutter technique at 205 km/h for this engine as well.
Traffic police couldn't do anything to them with all the chaos that was created today a few hours ago.
All of us members of the two clubs demand that you react and show them that you do not want the two Tiger models thus neglected and limited in capabilities. it is unfair that this desperate situation has been happening for years.
So, it's as if the Triumph administration wants to commit suicide with the current tiger versions 850, 900, and 1200 models.
Honorary member of the Central Committee and official representative on behalf of the 2 Greek clubs and the 1.Association of Greek Triumph owners (and as also 2.Greek Tiger Club ) and fanatical members is based in Athens numbering about 15000 + members and throughout Greece.

ghulst

So, do you mean to say that the Tigers are not fast enough?
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Giemelos

Yes the manufacturer of stupid decisions.
I do not say good the decision they made for the 888cc (Tiger 900 and all versions of these cubic) but is slow yes, you are happy with the current situation of its current models? I did not like the company's decisions on this particular model in its speed limitation.
Haven't you read the previous ones I mentioned?

Lee337

Sorry, but I have an old 2014 Tiger 800xc as we as a few more road based, more powerful & faster. My favourite is the Tiger 800. Its plenty quick enough for the roads I ride. I'm not certain whether some EU countries limit speed & power. I know France does. Maybe the issue is legislation rather than the design of Tiger engines?

Generally people don't ride Tigers because they're faster or more powerful than the competition & those that do want something a bit faster generally don't choose a Triumph. Their loss.

I can't see Triumph making big changes when what they produce is selling well anyway.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Giemelos

They were always high quality motorcycles.
The law is different in every country I know good speed limits in Europe because I have travelled a lot.
I am referring to the electronic top speed limiters in ECU (not the tachometer) for the new series of models of Triumph Tiger 900 & 1200 .
Yours is a valuable model that had good resale and value but also fast.
See here the video to understand :